Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning, just joined after reading posts for afew weeks and picking up my new T-Cross SEL last week.

I went for the 1.0 TSI 110 SEL DSG in Pearl Black with the black design pack, winter pack, and beats stereo. It's not the exact spec I went in for as I have never driven an auto but my old polo had died and it was new into stock and available. I would have quite liked the auto park feature as I live on a terraced Street but was quoted about 20 weeks for a custom order due to chip shortages etc. and being custom order was advised the deal offered wouldn't be nearly as good.

So far afew points I have concluded after a week of driving it, I am really happy with how it looks and drives, I am enjoying the auto gearbox and heated seat, I am getting used to the we connect thing and frustrations when it hasn't connected and figured I have to check it's working before driving off. I was surprised the boot has the space for a tyre but not one in so that has become an extra storage area. I like the beats stereo but can't compare to the normal one and have found that having the sub in the boot means I can't drop the boot base so have lost some boot space I would have preferred.

I ordered mudflaps and a semi rigid boot liner as well when buying the car which are apparently on long backorder and was surprised that the earliest the dealership can fit the flaps is the end of Oct. so it will be back in to the dealership then. Anyway so far so good, hello and here's a pic (hopefully)
https://www.tcrossforums.co.uk/download/file.php?mode=view&id=851

Attachments

·
Registered
395 Posts
Looks good.. I'm sure you will be happy... I bought the same model 2 years ago but in white, also the black pack..which I really like not just for the wheels but the interior which seems much better than standard. I got the park assist, full digital dash, reverse camera, mud flaps, boot liner, navigation , spare wheel kit, etc.. I've been very happy with my choice, so easy to drive about town and motorway trips.. .Enjoy..

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks great to hear they are good with longer term use. I really can't get used to the lane assist thing it's fine on the motorway but driving round country roads I feel I am fighting the car so will follow this forums advice to deactivate it!

·
Registered
414 Posts
My wife keeps saying it's the best thing I did, made her love the car now. Note, you don't actually deactivate it, just set it to remember the last setting, so if you take it for a service, set it on, and it will come back on at each restart as per normal. (just so they don't think there's a fault if they road test)

·
Registered
23 Posts
yes the lane assist can be a pain. You really need to be careful if you leave it on. To be honest I almost had a crash, there was a car in the middle of the road and I had to go slightly over the lane to go past it. Completely forgot about the lane assist and I had to fight it not to actually crash into this car.

·
Registered
71 Posts
To be honest I almost had a crash, there was a car in the middle of the road and I had to go slightly over the lane to go past it. Completely forgot about the lane assist and I had to fight it not to actually crash into this car.
Turning on the indicator disables the lane assist. Indicating when you cross the white line and it doesn't fight you.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Trouble with indicating, it's to tell everyone else on the road what you're doing. Many of the roads around me, I'm the only car on the road for miles, having to indicate to tell the CAR what you're doing, especially if it's just moving over the line a little, is not intuitive.

Stick to left wheel switches top right button, right wheel switches OK, to turn it off each time you start. Or get OBDeleven or Carista to change it to remember the last setting.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts