Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to my SEAT dealer today to collect a spare wheel kit for my Wife's Ibiza, which included the Jack, tool kit and foam insert to store it all in.

Before I removed the Ibiza's compressor and tyre gunk and fit the new kit in its place I took some pictures..

I have just been comparing the SEAT kit against some pictures I took of my T-Cross when I picked it up.

The SEAT kit has a 2 part handle which hooks into the scissor jack in order to wind it up and down, this can be seen in the picture below.

However, the T-Cross doesn't have such a handle as part of its kit, which prompts me to ask the question "How do you wind the jack on a T-Cross". Anyone done it ?

Over the weekend I will turf out my boot and have a look at the T-Cross kit to see if there is a handle somewhere, but in the meantime I thought it was worth an ask on here.

SEAT Ibiza Kit - 2 Part Handle for winding Jack can be seen laying across Jack at bottom.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Black Tire Wheel

VW T-Cross Kit - No handle as per the SEAT Ibiza and nothing obvious that can be used to wind Jack.
Wheel Motor vehicle Tire Automotive tire Tread

Anyone know ??

Attachments

Registered
Not sure what piece this is but may be the winder. Cant see it in your pic?
Ill check tommorow, my mum wont let me out in the dark 馃槀

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply spc369..

Like you say, the bit you highlighted does look like it could be for winding the jack..

It would appear that it is missing from mine, hence me asking the question when I compared my picture to the Ibiza kit I collected today.

Like I said, I will have to have a look over the weekend to see if it has slipped underneath or something.

I suspect it is missing though, wonder if the dealer can source one of those ?

Registered
I'd imagine they give you one from a showroom car and just order another in . Not a hassle for them and you've obviously not had a reason to use it or lose it. Just missing

Registered
Having ordered all these bits recently you can definitely order them separately the part number is VAG 5Q0011221crank 拢6.20 plus vat hope this helps.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Topcat said:
Having ordered all these bits recently you can definitely order them separately the part number is VAG 5Q0011221crank 拢6.20 plus vat hope this helps.
Thanks for that Topcat, really helpful..

Did you order all the bits separately as an after sale order ?

Is the crank a two part thing like the one in my original photo of my wife's Ibiza kit ?
I can't quite see it well enough in spc369's photo.

My was supplied as a factory option, I think it was 拢115, cheaper as in lieu of the compressor which I didn't get.

Registered
Mine sits in the area spc 369 is showing in his picture, its all one piece but folds to fit in that area and sits under the Jack hope this helps. Yes to your question about ordering it all after I have a R Line demo which had a glue kit far cheaper to order it from factory mine complete with the housing tools tyre and rim 拢234.00.

Registered
Well that saves me looking but i have to now for ocd reasons 馃槀

Registered
Yep my handles there. 馃槀馃槀馃槀

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
spc369 said:
Yep my handles there. 馃槀馃槀馃槀
I had the contents of my boot out earlier, and as I suspected after looking at the photo I took when I collected the car, there is no jack cranking handle.

Because I collected a kit for my wife's Ibiza yesterday which is what highlighted this issue, I have stashed her jack crank in my T-Cross, it fits a treat in the space where spc369 had highlighted.

I have contacted the dealer and they are going to get me one, very good service I thought..

Registered
Ah good, these things happen. Your dealers spot on &#x1f44d-1f3fb;

1 - 11 of 11 Posts