Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you think that VW will update the T-Cross in a similar way to the T-Roc? Including an improved quality cabin - soft touch materials and more options etc. - perhaps similar to the new Taigo cabin.
T-Cross beginning to look a bit dated compared to competition, particularly the cabin.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Do you think that VW will update the T-Cross in a similar way to the T-Roc? Including an improved quality cabin - soft touch materials and more options etc. - perhaps similar to the new Taigo cabin.
T-Cross beginning to look a bit dated compared to competition, particularly the cabin.
I am not sure with all the delays and shortages of parts they will want to mess around too much with the designs. I can see them trying to use bits that are also of use in the electric ID3/ID4 etc or even an electric version as that’s where they seem to be investing for their future.

·
Registered
VW T-cross SEL 115 DSG 2019 Energetic Orange
380 Posts
Always thought the hard dash and door cards were the one spoiling factor but was the best car for my needs and looks decent from the outside. Still very happy with it and it's economy. I did apply matching orange dashboard trim (other colours available) to the dash and doors for a fiver from ebay which has(in my opinion) lifted the internal appearance.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Always thought the hard dash and door cards were the one spoiling factor but was the best car for my needs and looks decent from the outside. Still very happy with it and it's economy. I did apply matching orange dashboard trim (other colours available) to the dash and doors for a fiver from ebay which has(in my opinion) lifted the internal appearance.
The Polo on which the T-Cross is based has a far superior “quality” interior as does the new Taigo which seems to be a tarted up T-Cross, so T-Cross is now the odd one out as it is the only VW crossover with a ‘hard’ interior.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I doubt if a "soft" interior would make me consider an update, as it is a minor improvement at best, and is not performance enhancing in any way.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I doubt if a "soft" interior would make me consider an update, as it is a minor improvement at best, and is not performance enhancing in any way.
I appreciate that but the cabin ambiance is the only part of the car you interact with when driving - and a nicer more quality perceived environment is just, well, a nicer place to be. You don’t see the bling wheels, just the discomfort from low profile tyres on our worn out rutted roads, so why do people want them? Escapes me as I always try and get the dealer to spec the car with the smallest wheels (highest profile tyres) that the car manufacturer supplies.

·
Registered
VW T-cross SEL 115 DSG 2019 Energetic Orange
380 Posts
I appreciate that but the cabin ambiance is the only part of the car you interact with when driving - and a nicer more quality perceived environment is just, well, a nicer place to be. You don’t see the bling wheels, just the discomfort from low profile tyres on our worn out rutted roads, so why do people want them? Escapes me as I always try and get the dealer to spec the car with the smallest wheels (highest profile tyres) that the car manufacturer supplies.
I ordered 17" Clayton Alloys with mine as didn't want the discomfort of larger wheels or the expensive repair of diamond cut alloys.

·
Registered
36 Posts
HIghly unlikely, My local VW is mostly marketing the Taigo now and I also had a chat with one of the staff members this week and VW is more focused on electric. I would have liked to see a Plugin hybrid version of the t-cross.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
HIghly unlikely, My local VW is mostly marketing the Taigo now and I also had a chat with one of the staff members this week and VW is more focused on electric. I would have liked to see a Plugin hybrid version of the t-cross.
I understand all companies are focusing on electric cars BUT the infrastructure is just not there yet. it is fine if you can charge at home but if you drive longer distances you could be in real trouble - note Iain Dales experience! The West Country is a major holiday destination but I hear horror stories from relatives down there of huge queues to charge EV’s particularly prior to Friday changeover days. I don’t understand the Government policy on this because they should be concentrating on establishing a common connection, common charging point structure and a common payment method to be used at every charge point. And, of course a major increase in charge points across the country.

·
Registered
76 Posts
BUT the infrastructure is just not there yet.
Nor is it here in Australia, and boy do we have distances to travel at times.
But on the other hand it is bloody well established in France. We drove all over France in 2019 (the good old days...) and I'm not sure there was a car park we came across that didnt have one or two chargers for use. No just major car parks, but the little car parks opposite tiny country houses whose only claim to fame was their age, these car parks that have been leveled out of a farmers field, with wooden logs as car park lane markings, even they had them.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nor is it here in Australia, and boy do we have distances to travel at times.
But on the other hand it is bloody well established in France. We drove all over France in 2019 (the good old days...) and I'm not sure there was a car park we came across that didnt have one or two chargers for use. No just major car parks, but the little car parks opposite tiny country houses whose only claim to fame was their age, these car parks that have been leveled out of a farmers field, with wooden logs as car park lane markings, even they had them.
Did you happen to notice what power the chargers were? Lower power chargers are not much use as battery capacity increases. Home 7.5 KW chargers take some hours to “fill” a modern EV. and, sadly, they are most prevalent in UK.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Did you happen to notice what power the chargers were? Lower power chargers are not much use as battery capacity increases. Home 7.5 KW chargers take some hours to “fill” a modern EV. and, sadly, they are most prevalent in UK.
No I didnt. Sorry! I only had a hybrid at the time and never needed to use the chargers. They were all "professional" chargers, if that makes sense, as in the type I would expect to see at petrol stations etc, big boxes, keypads, card readers, etc. Whether that means they were high powered too I don't know.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts