Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Volkswagen T-Cross 2021
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got a T-Cross with halogen lights because I couldn’t wait for custom specked one for a year. So is there some kind of special type of LED bulb needed or every H7 will fit? What should I look for? Some special dimensions? The power they output? I’m afraid of buying the wrong ones and blinding other drivers on road. This is my first car so I don’t have much experience with this. Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
444 Posts
Check the laws in your country. Certainly for the UK you can't legally install LED replace bulbs in a reflector lamp as the light pattern is all wrong, and both diffused and blinding to other drivers. By far the best to do is buy replacement regular high brightness bulbs such as nightbreaker. They really are super bright, super white and give the correct light pattern and so much more light.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Check the laws in your country. Certainly for the UK you can't legally install LED replace bulbs in a reflector lamp as the light pattern is all wrong, and both diffused and blinding to other drivers. By far the best to do is buy replacement regular high brightness bulbs such as nightbreaker. They really are super bright, super white and give the correct light pattern and so much more light.
You can legally change for LED in the uk, just not crappy ebay LED. There is shielded LED bulbs which work in a similar way to halogen in the way that certain parts of the bulb are shielded therefore keeping the original bulb pattern, just a massive improvement in light performance. The difference is massively noticable 2, i tried ebay LED and the beam was all over the place, tried proper shielded bulbs and it was in the recommended bulb pattern, therefore nothing an mot tester could fail. Think you can pick up a set for around £100 just need ro make sure not listed as 'for off road use only'. XENON is a different matter tho, a XENON bulb has to be housed in a projector style lens and now also has to have a headlight washing system in place, unless you know a lenient mot tester.

·
Registered
Volkswagen T-Cross 2021
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You can legally change for LED in the uk, just not crappy ebay LED. There is shielded LED bulbs which work in a similar way to halogen in the way that certain parts of the bulb are shielded therefore keeping the original bulb pattern, just a massive improvement in light performance. The difference is massively noticable 2, i tried ebay LED and the beam was all over the place, tried proper shielded bulbs and it was in the recommended bulb pattern, therefore nothing an mot tester could fail. Think you can pick up a set for around £100 just need ro make sure not listed as 'for off road use only'. XENON is a different matter tho, a XENON bulb has to be housed in a projector style lens and now also has to have a headlight washing system in place, unless you know a lenient mot tester.
Great, can you send me some links where I can buy that bulbs? Which one do you use? Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts