Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, just to introduce myself: I've many years experience with VW's, in turn I've had a Passat and Tiguan, er indoors has had UP!, Polo currently, but soon to be having T-Cross R-line DSG. Looking forward to exploring it in more detail.

I've built up a lot of knowledge on VW technology from the Tiguan forums as the mechanicals and control technology is identical across all their models. I'm a moderator on mytiguan.com, and experience coding the 'hidden' bits, I use ODB11.

I'm in South Wales between Llandeilo and Carmarthen.

Tricky

·
Registered
313 Posts
Hi and welcome, im sure you will be kept busy with technical questions :D

In fact im researching or trying to a sound issue, ill see where i get before posting it

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We should be getting our new toy on Monday or Tuesday. Wife currently has a polo and because of neck problems wanted an automatic and reversing camera. We went in looking at a direct replacement for the polo but the biggest issue was camera, not a popular option on polo's so we were looking at 26 week wait for the one she wanted (energetic orange was also a must!)

Whilst waiting we were looking at other models and she saw the T-Cross outside in the orange and so started looking at the one in the showroom. When the salesman returned with no news on the polo she said what about this. He went off and the result is a T-Cross R-line 1.0 DSG in energetic orange with kessy and reversing camera in stock at another dealer, which they arrange to transfer.

We're both looking forward to getting it, it's very much hers, but I'll enjoy driving it also. My own ride as I mentioned is a 2015 mk1 Tiguan, with 177ps TDi DSG 4mo with lots of extras added (bi-xenon, sat nav, reverse camera, climate, cruise, winter pack, folding mirrors), so I'm glad we got the R-line spec. I too tow regularly, the 4mo has made getting a caravan off a soggy site very easy.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Collected our new toy this afternoon and she's luverly...

One issue, they sent me the reg number to arrange deposit payment and insurance, then I electronically signed the finance with this reg number on it. They gave me a paper to sigh this afternoon to complete registration, AND IT WAS A DIFFERENT NUMBER!
After pointing this out a lot of running around, oh sorry sir back office error but it doesn't matter, till I pointed out that the finance and insurance was now for a different car.

They said they notified VW finance (I'll be checking up tomorrow) and I had to rush through their 5 day free insurance cover. Not impressed!

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, 1 month in and we're both delighted with the T. Have to say I'm amazed it's just a 3 pot 1 litre as I never feel it's lacking in poke or pull. This with my usual drive being a 2 litre 177 ps Tiguan!

The jury's still out on lane keeping. Misses has found here in the countryside with all the heavy rain, it fights her moving out around large puddles. You can't indicate at every puddle to tell it what your doing, so I've shown her now how to turn it off quickly. It reverts to on once you switch off though.

Also noticed how quickly it goes up through the gears pulling away, barely get 1,000 rpm between changes in D. I find the paddles useful for overriding this when I need to.

Also the gearstick; a couple of times I've knocked it into manual with my hand coming back from changing aircon, with the Tig this happens moving the gearstick left away from you, with the T it's moving the stick right, towards you.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Tricky2 said:
Ok, 1 month in and we're both delighted with the T. Have to say I'm amazed it's just a 3 pot 1 litre as I never feel it's lacking in poke or pull. This with my usual drive being a 2 litre 177 ps Tiguan!

The jury's still out on lane keeping. Misses has found here in the countryside with all the heavy rain, it fights her moving out around large puddles. You can't indicate at every puddle to tell it what your doing, so I've shown her now how to turn it off quickly. It reverts to on once you switch off though.

Also noticed how quickly it goes up through the gears pulling away, barely get 1,000 rpm between changes in D. I find the paddles useful for overriding this when I need to.

Also the gearstick; a couple of times I've knocked it into manual with my hand coming back from changing aircon, with the Tig this happens moving the gearstick left away from you, with the T it's moving the stick right, towards you.
I laughed with the gearstick "issue"...So it's not only me then knocking it into manual after changing the AC or connecting/disconnecting my phone from the car's USB :p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts