Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I’ve fitted Bosch brake pads into my tcross and they rattle like crazy I binned them bought apec pads after two hours hey presto same rattle again. I tried bending the metal clip outwards to get a tighter fit into the piston but all to no avail. Has anyone else experienced the same and if so what’s the cure .?
surely it’s not only vow supplied pads that will work
thanks for any replies in advance
1.6 diesel t cross r line 2021

·
Super Moderator
444 Posts
My 2 year old is still on original pads, and I'd get the dealer to fit them so sorry, not able to help. Why did you need to change the brake pads on a 1 year old car?

Reactions: AussieJohn

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi I’ve fitted Bosch brake pads into my tcross and they rattle like crazy I binned them bought apec pads after two hours hey presto same rattle again. I tried bending the metal clip outwards to get a tighter fit into the piston but all to no avail. Has anyone else experienced the same and if so what’s the cure .?
surely it’s not only vow supplied pads that will work
thanks for any replies in advance
1.6 diesel t cross r line 2021
Hi, does it happen when you depress the brake, or not? Or both?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Hi, does it happen when you depress the brake, or not? Or both?
Hi. They rattle whilst driving along a bumpy surface. They rattle or click when I depress the foot brake.
ive decided I’d buy original volkswagon pads and although they are twice the price and half the braking quality I think that will be the only option

The issue is that although I tried to expand the spring clamp on the back of the pads where they go inside the piston they still don’t fit tight enough. I didn’t want to use any kind of adhesive or tape to keep them in so I’ve bought new VW pads
clearly aftermarket pads are gonna be a hit or a miss I hope that’s not the case in oem pads fingers crossed I’ll update when I’ve fitted them.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Similar thing happened for my 2010 Passat when I had the mechanic change the brake pads from trw to bosch. For the first week especially during rainy days for the first few kilometres the brakes made a rubbing sound until I depressed the pedal. It may be the mm difference in the size of space the brakes push on the rotors I guess.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Problem solved fitted genuine oem vw pads no rattle. Upon checking the difference I found that the spring clamps on the vw pads were of a heavier gauge metal and harder to move yet although others look the same they aren’t as good a quality rather they are flimsy. Lesson learned buy genuine parts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Problem solved fitted genuine oem vw pads no rattle. Upon checking the difference I found that the spring clamps on the vw pads were of a heavier gauge metal and harder to move yet although others look the same they aren’t as good a quality rather they are flimsy. Lesson learned buy genuine parts
Good to hear that.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I would only consider known brands for brake pads like ATE, TRW, Ferodo, Pagid, Brembo which also supply the OEM brake systems for most manufacturers. Bosch should stick to making drills.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I would only consider known brands for brake pads like ATE, TRW, Ferodo, Pagid, Brembo which also supply the OEM brake systems for most manufacturers. Bosch should stick to making drills.
I tried Bosch then apec apec being the better of the two by far however the only pads tha did fit properly was volkswagon oem pads
regarding Bosch , there pads have proved good wearing in the past on other cars
as for pagid they were the cheapest available at £9.90 a set.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts