Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts
G

·
I have noticed the issue three times in the last few weeks, the clock hour starts at 00:

Car is booked into the dealer next week, I will mention the issue number.

G

·
Car is back from the dealer.
Despite my best efforts the dealer would not take note of the issue number and advised they always perform their own diagnosis.
They did not reproduce the issue as I expected and found no fault codes when they plugged the car into the diagnostic system.
They upgraded the car SW to the latest levels advising many issues are addressed by the latest version and for me to monitor for further issues.
I expect the issue will come back randomly.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
andrewjk59 said:
Car is back from the dealer.
Despite my best efforts the dealer would not take note of the issue number and advised they always perform their own diagnosis.
They did not reproduce the issue as I expected and found no fault codes when they plugged the car into the diagnostic system.
They upgraded the car SW to the latest levels advising many issues are addressed by the latest version and for me to monitor for further issues.
I expect the issue will come back randomly.
Hi Andrew,

Hope you are well.

The replacement of the Cam Sensors did not sort out the issue of the random resetting of the Trip Metre and Clock, but did sort out the starter issue. I am constantly having the random resetting issue about 1-2 times a month and which is quite frustrating, especially when trying to track my fuel economy etc. Nevertheless I have forwarded the TPI number to our local delaership to enquire on whether VW ever posted a solution to the issue, and hope to receive some feedback from them. It is a sad reality that the dealerships these days only rely on the diagnostic report, and dont try to fault find these issues reported. To add insult to injury they charge exhorbitant hourly labour rates for any work that needs to be done. Rant aside, I hope that they do give me a response based on the TPI number provided earlier.

Have you experienced this issue again since updating of your vehicle software? And has the update to your software added any additional features worth noting?

Stay safe,
Luke

G

·
Hi Luke,

All well here thank you.

So far no resets since getting the car back.
Also no new features I have noticed.

If I have a reset I will let you know.

Stay safe and well.

Best regards,
Andrew

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Luke,

All well here thank you.

So far no resets since getting the car back.
Also no new features I have noticed.

If I have a reset I will let you know.

Stay safe and well.

Best regards,
Andrew
Sorry for bringing this thread back to live. I am having the same resetting issue and cannot find much information anywhere.
Took my car to the dealer a couple of times and no solution. They upgraded the software too, but I still get sporadic resets.

Andrew, did the upgrade really solve the issue for you? Did you ever have reset after the upgrade?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry for bringing this thread back to live. I am having the same resetting issue and cannot find much information anywhere.
Took my car to the dealer a couple of times and no solution. They upgraded the software too, but I still get sporadic resets.

Andrew, did the upgrade really solve the issue for you? Did you ever have reset after the upgrade?
To think that even the dealership were not able to figure it out, upgrade and everything and still no fix to this issue D:

21 - 26 of 26 Posts