Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you turn off the DAB whilst still leaving the sound volume turned up to hear android auto apps?

Might seem silly, but I couldn't see how to switch off the DAB without just muting all volumes, or switching to media channel?

·
Registered
78 Posts
From my understanding:
  • DAB playing music
    Android Auto is running and Google navigation is active
    You want to stop the music from DAB but still have the nagivation turn by turn guidance on?

If that's the case then you just need to turn the volume down when DAB is playing. Then you will only adjust the media volume bar and navi volume will be unchanged. Keep in mind here that if the turn by turn guidance will be triggered while adjusting the media volume, it will automatically switch to navi volume and you will end up adjusting that instead.

All the cars have usually 4 audio "signals" for the infotainment:
1. Media
2. Navigation
3. Speech
4. Telephone
So each one can be adjusted seperately.

Hope that answers your questions

·
Super Moderator
450 Posts
Well explained, just like the mobile phone where the volume buttons affect ringing volume whilst ringing, but affect speech volume whilst in a call.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I forgot to add a 5th audio signal that interrupts all the above - Warnings & Notifications. That is set as the highest priority in the car so it fades out or pause any other audio source.

For example the ParkPilot function fades out your media source when it's active.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.