Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

In the CAR menu on my Infotainment system, one of the screens is for the TPMS which basically tells you to press the SET button when you have checked that the tyre pressure are at the correct pressures. I've done this a couple of times since I got the car (once I had worked out the dealer's PDI hadn't changed them for the factory shipping state of 40 PSI !!), and despite seeing a temporary banner message along the lines of confirming that the tyre pressures have been set, I continue to see the screen with the SET button every time I access the TPMS screen in the CAR menu. I'm assuming that it has recorded the pressures, but I was assuming once I had set them, this screen would then disappear ?

The last couple of cars I have had have had TPMS which show the approximate pressure in each tyre on a pictogram in the instrument cluster or head unit, but I've thus far come to a dead end in trying to find a similar view in the T-Cross. I'm assuming that the VW system is just a very basic warning light if it detects one of the tyres has dropped below a certain threshold, rather than actually letting you see the pressures anywhere in the car ?

Thanks

Neil

·
Registered
413 Posts
Yup, this view is misleading. By default that's what you see, as it's just a settings screen. Trust me, if you do loose pressure you'll have a message on the dash between the 2 dials telling you a tyres low and which one.

What you've had before is full TPMS with pressure sensors in each wheel. This system monitors the rotation of all the wheels, and if one goes low it's rotation rate changes, and it warns you, but it can't tell you what the pressure is.

(Had a flat just after leaving home, 2 months in to ownership. Managed to pump up and limp home without using the gunk, had the puncture repaired, it was a screw in the middle of the tread)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tricky2 said:
Yup, this view is misleading. By default that's what you see, as it's just a settings screen. Trust me, if you do loose pressure you'll have a message on the dash between the 2 dials telling you a tyres low and which one.

What you've had before is full TPMS with pressure sensors in each wheel. This system monitors the rotation of all the wheels, and if one goes low it's rotation rate changes, and it warns you, but it can't tell you what the pressure is.

(Had a flat just after leaving home, 2 months in to ownership. Managed to pump up and limp home without using the gunk, had the puncture repaired, it was a screw in the middle of the tread)
Cheers Tricky, sort of thought that's what it was, and good to know it will flag up which wheel is causing the issue.

I've been having a bit of a look to see if I can find a space saver spare wheel but all the ones I've seen on eBay etc are 18" whereas mine are 16. I remember there was a thread on here about them just as I joined so will try and find it and see where was suggested. I asked when I bought the car but the dealer said because it was a stock model I couldn't add any options, even for things which presumably aren't factory fit options which sounded a bit weird. I didn't actually ask how much a spare was from them so maybe I'll go back and ask.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts