Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just checked my tyre pressures on the 18" wheels, they should be 33psi at the front and 30psi at the rear according to the sticker inside the drivers door (still no handbook!), they were all 39psi. I did not get a PDI checklist with the car, but clearly not checked by the dealer.

In spite of that I have found the ride to be very good, hopefully better with the correct pressures. My only gripe so far is that the seats are hard and in spite of the many adjustments to position, height, lumbar support, steering wheel, etc I have yet to find the perfect driving position. Perhaps I was spoilt in terms of comfort with leather seats in my previous 2015 Mazda CX3. That had a hard ride on 18" tyres, although I'm told the current model is better.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I found the (test drive )ride in the R-Line to be firm but I liked it, I'm interested to see what it's like on a long journey!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No, none available in English for the first batch of UK cars. I'm being bounced between dealer and VW customer service neither appear to be able to come up with one. I'm not impressed by customer service. They are very good at getting back to me, almost daily, but can't come up with the goods. No on line pdf versions available.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Dealers receive them with higher pressure because it's safer during transportation. They should also adjust the pressure before handing over the car, but too few of them do that.

Better check it after collecting it

·
Registered
15 Posts
Took delivery of a new SEL last week and discovered tyre pressures all in excess of 43 psi. Clearly they hadn't been adjusted following transit. Sloppy in my opinion and I've let the dealer know my thoughts.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I got offered a test drive of the Up! GTI before the official launch when it arrived at the dealers. The ride was horrific, so I didn't order one, later found out that the tyres were at 50PSI after someone bought the car after it had sat in the showroom.

My new BMW i3S should have 36 front & rear , after a week of wondering what I had bought, checked the tyres and the fronts were 48PSI - why can't dealers get the simple things right?

·
Registered
71 Posts
There should be a sticker on the Drivers side door pillar with the tyre pressures in PSI, for half load and full load and your tyre size if you don't receive a Handbook i have R Line with 18 inch wheels so unable to help with 17 inch pressures.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Ifind 33 all round is the best ride for my Rline,When i got the car they were all set at 50.The salesman said they do this so that the car "sits better on the showroom floor"Obviopus ly no pdi was done.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Ah thank you.

It was more that I could ask the dealer to do it but forgot about the sticker, so will just make sure they're the right pressure for when I collect. I just don't fancy stopping at a garage to check myself

·
Registered
78 Posts
I can confirm that's same for SEL with 17" wheels. Also the car should've come with handbook, my 20 plate SEL came with the typical VW leather pouch with all handbooks and paperwork.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.