Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend a short USB cable to charge a Huawei Mate 20 pro phone direct from my T Cross USB slot on fascia? Also, has anyone any experience of charging their mobile this way. Reading more about this it would appear to make more sense to use rear USB sockets as front USB power not strong enough -- more suited for Apple play etc.

R line DSG 115 in Makena Turquoise
Electric mirrors
Sound Beats system,
Active Info display
Rear camera

·
Registered
203 Posts
I use the VW cable supplied by the dealer with the car plugged into the front sockets for my Samsung phone.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So no use of cigarette power point then IWRA? Does your mobile charge at normal rate then direct from fascia USB point?
I never received a VW cable from dealer. Assume you still had to buy a cable to connect with VW cable to suit your particular phone? Any ID for VW cable to purchase independently as my dealer is not very helpful.

Electric mirrors
Sound Beats system,
Active Info display
Rear camera

·
Registered
203 Posts
Jonblue said:
So no use of cigarette power point then IWRA? Does your mobile charge at normal rate then direct from fascia USB point?
I never received a VW cable from dealer. Assume you still had to buy a cable to connect with VW cable to suit your particular phone? Any ID for VW cable to purchase independently as my dealer is not very helpful.

Electric mirrors
Sound Beats system,
Active Info display
Rear camera
Your dealer should have given you a cable and data plug free of charge. You can use an off the shelf usb cable or a cigarette lighter adapter, I've not compared each to see which is quicker to charge.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Its a pity there isnt a 12v socket or USB socket which is powered up without the ignition being on.

·
Registered
412 Posts
rarrar said:
T-Cross SEL 1.0 , foldable mirrors, spare wheel, high beam assist, info display, towbar in Turquoise.
SteveP56 said:
Most Towbars are Black ;)
OK, it took me a minute or so to work out what the heck you were on about :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Fixed 😊

1 - 12 of 12 Posts