Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are a family of 5 (Mother,Father and three high school boys).
We like the looks of this car a lot.
We are here to hear your opinions, should i buy it or not?
Do you believe the engine is adequate enough for motorways as well?
We have heard some rumors about excesive engine oil consumption in VW cars (never had one before), is this true?
Any extra hint would be very helpful!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Hi, id ay the 95ps wouldnt be a good choice for motorway trips. 115ps should do fine as long as your not lewis hamilton. No exp of the diesel.

3boys in the back may be interesting. Id suggest a trip to the dealers and see how they fit lol

Had a polo/up before with older engines and no oil issues. Seem to remember it was an issue a few years back. Maybe in higher ps gti engines though?

Goodluck with the research &#x1f44d-1f3fb;

·
Registered
28 Posts
Did an extended test drive in the larger Seat Ateca with the same 115 engine , 4 adult passengers -not fast but very smooth and driveable around town ,fine on fast A roads and dual carriageway. The smaller lighter Arona and TCross are just as smooth but more peppy .
This engine has been out since 2015 and no reports of oil issues.
As stated you need to try the car out in the dealers to see if it suits you family.
I ran a 04 plate Honda Jazz when my boys were younger and that coped well enough with a family of 5 ,a squeeze for 3 in the back on occasion yes but worked fine on the basis we were rarely all in the car together (and the massive boot helped.)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.