Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a T-cross SEL DSG and I get vibrations through the car when pulling away. The dealer says it is because of the three cylinder engine! I did not notice any vibrations when I test drove their demonstration T-cross in April. Anyone have a similar problem?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Doesent the vw 3cyl engine have a balancer shaft? Shouldn't be any vibrations

·
Registered
1 Posts
We have noisy engine vibrations at motorway speeds (80km/h and higher). Our T-Cross has 1.0 litre petrol engine with a 7-speed DSG auto gearbox. Our dealer says that its normal for 1.0 litre engine. If it is true, this car is only for city driving... It is very disturbing.

·
Super Moderator
444 Posts
Nope I often drive ours 'slightly' above motorway speeds, smooth as you could wish. Don't accept this dealer bull excrement!

·
Registered
30 Posts
The explanation given to "Blue19" & "Minde66" is a load of rubbish !!!!!!
The majority of any car dealership sales persons will make up the most outrageous statements, ask them about a certain spec of car, what comes as standard, and they have to surf the internet or go and get a brochure to answer your questions. The majority know sweet FA about their range of motors.
As for vibrations ect, take their advice with a pinch of salt. Go straight to the service desk, mind you it will be a young girl who's just a receptionist, ask to speak to the service manager, but then again their not much better informed.
Take it in and ask for it to be looked at, or leave it locked in front of their main doors, until it's fixed !!!

I know VW are having problems with the 1.5 petrol engine mated up to the DSG box, that's why the won't fit the 1.5 petrol in the Polo.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.