Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed that over the last five years or so VW windshields are very prone to light scratches.
Obviously it is a nightmare in the winter months especially when the gritters are about doing a sterling job, but sadly it can cause these frustrating issues.
Clearly it seems pointless getting a replacement windshield for a few light scratches through your car insurance policy, but is annoying especially if it is line of your drivers vision when the sun pops out!
Has anyone got any recommendations if there is glass polish on the market that can help to lesson the scratches (and please don't suggest toothpaste which is also recommended on some websites!!)
Any guidance would be much appreciated as we approach Spring.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Unfortunately it's not just VW, most manufacturers have reduced the thickness of the glass hence why the windscreens on cars chip so easy from stones. MK7 GTIs (Golfs) were some of the worst at stone chips. Some say it's because of the added cameras and sensors for lane assist, traffic and so on but I think that's bs. Most likely cost reduction from main auto glass manufacturers like Pilkington and Saint Gobain who provide the glass for most cars.
I personally use Autoglim glass polish on mine once or twice a year to keep it decent.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.