Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When closing the boot I often gab the funny shaped slot in the centre of the tailgate interior trim instead of the proper grab handles either side.

This made me wonder what the odd shaped slot is for, and a quick look at the manual revealed it is for storing a warning triangle.

So, just for completeness I have been looking for a warning triangle to fill the hole (as you do)..

Has anyone got one in their T-Cross or found one that fits ?

Ebay and Amazon are full of VAG warning triangles in red cases, but don't want to buy one until I know it will fit the T-Cross.

Thanks

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This is what I was thinking of..

Anyone think it will fit the boot trim recess on the T-Cross ?

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have the same problem with the recess. The supplied triangle (VAG) doesn't fit in the recess. I've just cut out a piece of polystyrene to fill the hole!
If anyone finds a triangle that fits let us know!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Exactly what I was after, thankyou so much..

Now off to hunt for one.

·
Registered
422 Posts
That one displayed by CPPGR looks like a genuine VW one.....the official one, like that , is about £50 ..!
The one displayed higher up, grey cross, should fit... I have a similar one that I managed to slot in..

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Halin9 said:
That one displayed by CPPGR looks like a genuine VW one.....the official one, like that , is about £50 ..!
The one displayed higher up, grey cross, should fit... I have a similar one that I managed to slot in..
Ok, thanks..

So how do you get it in, looks like it is retained at both ends ?

I have tried but no idea how to get it in !!

Is the little slot with the arrow on got anything to do with it ?

·
Registered
71 Posts
If it's a VW triangle I took mine out and what you have to do is rotate it within the housing and it slips out just do the same in reverse to put it back in.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Useful thread this, I have just swapped my Audi for a T Cross and the warning triangle from the Audi fits the slot perfectly

·
Registered
VW T-cross SEL 115 DSG 2019 Energetic Orange
377 Posts
iggmm said:
If you want a cheap triangle that fits, then this does the job quite adequately for under £5:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Emergency-Breakdown-Warning-Triangle-European-Road-Hazard-Safety/251718288337

Size is 43cm x 2.5cm x 4.5cm if you need to check other suppliers.
Thanks for post, mine just arrived. I didn't like looking at that empty slot and it fits it nicely. More than adequate considering the price, and hope not to have it use it🤞If needed probably would put something heavy on the feet, but very cost effective solution.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The eBay link was brilliant thanks!

Mines just arrived via Royal Mail and fits perfectly into the slots on the tail gate. Nice One!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Great call iggmm
Ordered as suggested and a perfect fit in the tailgate recess ,all for less than a fiver.
Certainly acceptable quality short of perhaps obtaining a proper new or second hand VAG product.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.