Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to get my first aid kit out today. I keep it I. The space for the spare wheel. The space had water in it about 2cm deep. I've taken a video of it as pics didn't show it clearly. My windscreen freezes on the inside ... now I know where the water is coming from!!
Has anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Not had reason to check but will now. I know older vw sunroof cars had drain channels run through the boot area and if blocked could cause water in boot area. Obviously not a t cross issue but thats a lot of water to collect in one place. Id be checking the floor to see any other sources. It suggest running in and collecting at lowest point .if it was a major condensation issue then the seats / everything would be damp.

Id be looking for a point of entry.... tailgate. Lights,, missing bungs in floor... anything

·
Registered
30 Posts
The cars still in warranty, take it back, let them sort it out! And ask for a courtesy car while they have yours. First check and write down the mileage, I took my 2018 Polo for a small job to be done and they put 40 miles on the clock. And the small job had nothing to do with the engine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
VW dealer had my T-Cross in for two days for testing water ingress into wheel well in boot,used pressured water hoses to determine point of entry,found none,have been told flaw with design of boot lid when open in rain (wet conditions).Watch this space.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Had car back,The VW dealer (SINCLAIR) of Bridgend have not found the cause of the ingress of water into the spare wheel well but have assured me that any issues regarding this will be honoured by the warranty should the problem persist. I thought this might be a tough one to sort out. During the three storms we have had lately the boot has remained dry.A case of watch this space.

·
Registered
24 Posts
TINTIN said:
Had car back,The VW dealer (SINCLAIR) of Bridgend have not found the cause of the ingress of water into the spare wheel well but have assured me that any issues regarding this will be honoured by the warranty should the problem persist. I thought this might be a tough one to sort out. During the three storms we have had lately the boot has remained dry.A case of watch this space.
Ours was due to the sealant on the top of the boot, ask them to look at that

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi i am having the same issue with water in spare wheel space. It has been in the garage twice now and run water but saying they cannot find the problem not leaking when they have had it. It has rained all night, and i checked my boot, and yes more water. Can anyone advise, i have taken pictures and a video today.
It is driving me mad and also doing without my car for 3/4 days to be told not leaking in.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.