Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
VW T-cross SEL 115 DSG 2019 Energetic Orange
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed when I opened the drivers door water poors out after a night's rain. I don't like the idea of water staying in the door for a few days till it is opened. Anyone else noticed this馃

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The drain hole is clear, the water pours out as the door opens. The seal is such a good fit and appears to line up with the drain hole. But obviously if the car is not used, then the water will just sit in the door.

Registered
Yes I've noticed this as well on mine. It's not just driver's door, it's all doors. I think the seal on the bottom is too wide and covers the drain holes. I usually go out to the car after rain and open all doors to drain the water. I don't think will make any good keeping the water in the doors long term. I think that's poor design.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
馃憤 Glad it's not just me 馃榿 I'm hoping the newness will wear off on the seals and let it dribble through eventually. Failing that, will mention it come service time. As you say, it would pay to open them following rain in the meantime.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Chatted to my neighbour (2 mtrs away 馃槆馃榿) and he has the same issue with their Octavia and Up, so seems like a brand trait!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.