Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I am looking for a way to show day-to-day car stats in a mobile app. From what I have learned, there is a car-net app, but it has to be payed monthly, then there is dataplug with We connect go app, what is ok solution, but I have to buy dataplug. Is there a third way to do it? As tcross is 2019 model, I am kind of disapointed there is no native way to connect car to phone.

Additional question: Does anyone know what is difference between We connect and We connect go?

Thanks

·
Registered
413 Posts
I just asked the service department for a data plug and they gave it free. This is the only way to get this info on the T-Cross unfortunately.

We connect go connects to the data plug via bluetooth. We connect connects to the car, but you only get the bit that let's you send destinations unfortunately

·
Registered
156 Posts
As Tricky2 says, the only way to get car stats is by using a Data Plug in the ODBII port of the car.

I have one and all it does is send the odd bit data to the phone app (battery voltage, fuel level, total mileage etc) and the phone app does the rest (location, map of last journey, last parking space etc.). It pops up a notification at the end of every journey with that kind of information on it.

The more interesting Car-Net stuff about 'Live' data such as the status of the car (Locked/Unlocked etc.) and which needs a cellular connection to the car is not available on the T-Cross. This bit of Car-Net is called 'Security and Service' and although listed in the early brochures has never been fitted to the T-Cross.

The T-Cross does support the 'Guide and Inform' bit of Car-Net but this is pretty useless as all it does it allow destination uploads to the Sat Nav from the phone app (Guide) and allow a news feed to be displayed on the Infotainment (Inform).

Here in the UK, I believe a 3 year subscription to Car-Net 'Guide and Inform' comes included in the price of certain models, as my SEL certainly has it.

If you are looking for a better phone app that allows 'Live' data from the car, have a look at 'Torque' which is available from the app store, but this does need a simple Bluetooth data plug similar to VW's data plug which can be found all over Ebay and Amazon for less than £10 (search Elm 327 ODBII). This Torque app will allow customised dials etc showing car data and also allow the reading of fault codes etc. I have used this previous VW Golfs etc., but haven't tried it on the T-cross, and it is very nice, although the novelty does wear off after a while.

Enjoy..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts