Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to register my two keys but pressing unlock on both keys for a second each to set up we connect but it always fails and I told to contact customer service
I have done this 6 times in 4 weeks they still haven't resolved it

·
Registered
414 Posts
Again something new to the mib3, we with the mib2 didn't have any of this messing around, so i'm afraid there's limited knowledge on this.

·
Registered
127 Posts
My T-Cross is the new (MIB3) unit and the authorisation process for WeConnect using the 2 keys whilst sitting in the car worked fine - assume you were in the relevant account validation screen on the Infotainment unit ?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Not sure if the attached will help or not, but here is the full WeConnect manual on the VW website (I was going to attach the PDF but for some reason this site doesn't let you upload PDFs ??)

https://www.portal.volkswagen-we.com/portal/delegate/documents/weconnectplus_en_GB

It's version dated Jan 2020 which means it is really for the Infotainment unit system in previous model years (MIB2 I think) whereas the 2021 model year T-Cross has the MIB3 unit, but from what I've seen in the document, everything applies to the current model equally

If I can help give me a shout - I just followed the instructions and it worked straight off

·
Registered
17 Posts
@Mckay63
Hi from Greece. I too had the exact same issue when trying to become the primary user (via the 2 key process etc. )
After looking around the web and various forums I discovered that quite a few 2021 model vehicles had this issue and my only option was to contact VW.
The international "connect support team" filed a case number and I recieved an email by which I returned the address, contacts email addresses and telephone number of the VW Service representitive which was closest to me ( mine happened to be where I have decided to service my vehicle anyway ).
VW then sent them an email with the solution and steps required in order to solve the problem.
The service manager called me and set up an appointment on a day which was convenient for me. THe solution from what I gather is some sort of firmware reset / update.
The entire processlasted less than 30 minutes.

If calling from the UK - 0800 279 7508

If elswhere in the world choose your country from

https://connect.volkswagen-we.com/connectivity.html

then select "contact us" and from there select the number for Connect services.

Hope you get things sorted out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I posted the answer to this problem back in October 2020 there is a software update to the 2021 model year which your dealer can get from VW digital service team, this update fixes the problem .

My SEL 2021 model had the update and problem fixed.
:roll:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts