Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering what T-Cross owners used as their preferred navigation system ?

1) On-board VW SatNav (SEL and R-Line I believe).
2) Google Maps via Car-Net 'App-Connect'
3) Waze via Car-Net 'App-Connect'
4) Standalone TomTom or similar

I tend to have the On-board VW SatNav selected when not using route directions, as it is convenient and I find the speed limits etc. useful.

However, planning a longer road trip in a few weeks and I think the VW system will be a bit lacking in features so was thinking about trying something via 'App-Connect'.

Waze gets good reviews, and I notice some of its community-based features are now making there way to Google maps.

Just wondered what you guys prefer ?

·
Registered
129 Posts
We are still using our trusted TomTom as that has brilliant live traffic, the built in satnav has poor traffic. We commute in London.

I have used Waze before and that has good traffic and we many migrate to that with carplay at some point.

If I wasn't bothered about traffic, the inbuilt satnav would be fine, especially with the active display !

·
Registered
313 Posts
My se doesent have nav so i use iphone maps through app connect. Tbh ive used it for years and find it does the job well.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I find the built in sat Nav to be good, useful speed limits and traffic jams etc....for a different view, I use Google maps, satellite view, gives a great scene and lots of local location names etc.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Waze for me but occasionally the guilt in day nav which is surprisingly good

·
Registered
22 Posts
+1 for Waze. Have been using it for 4 or 5 years now including on the continent. Also have a TomTom which has excellent traffic and is used on occasions but waze does pretty much everything I need.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.