Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I Have an issue connecting my wife's phone via Wi Fi, despite a couple hours of frustration. It s a 2021 SE
We each have an Android phone, with Android connect, if both in the car and switch on my phone appears, connecting via Wi-Fi, my wife's does not though the Wi-Fi on her phone says she is connected. If I then connect her phone via USB it appears and you can choose which to use. On her initial set up her phone was connected via a USB cable , ideally i would like her phone to function without the need for a cable. I have probably missed some setting, any tips would be appreciated.
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
444 Posts
I'm not very knowledgeable on this, but it could be down to the phone implementation. Are they the same phones, and what version of android does each have?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Just a thought, I had a similar problem connecting my 5s, and discovered CarPlay was not switched on fully in the settings.
Perhaps using your USB cable by passes this.
My 2020 SE is fine,
You may already know this, but this is how to connect :

If your car supports wireless CarPlay, press and hold the voice command button on your steering wheel. Make sure your stereo is in wireless or Bluetooth mode. Then, on your iPhone, go to Settings > General > CarPlay, tap Available cars and select your car.
'Volkswagen' should show, select this and it offers the chance to switch on 'Allow CarPlay when locked' (perhaps this is the bit you are missing).

Or, (and I've only just found this)
.When both are paired they will be listed under "Manage Mobile Devices." Use CarPlay by selecting the chosen phone, again make sure the other phone is off or away from the vehicle.

Good luck

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tricky, Daytel thank you for your replies.

We both have a Samsung Galaxy, I have an S8 running Android 9, my wife anS7 running Android 8.

I will go through the config again, and ensure Car Play settings are enabled correctly.
I did look at "Manage Mobile Devices" and my wife's phone was enabled as a phone, which uses Bluetooth, but not enabled for Wi-Fi .

Thanks for the help, I will let you know how I get on.

·
Registered
88 Posts
You say
' Have an issue connecting my wife's phone via Wi Fi, despite a couple hours of frustration. It s a 2021 SE
We each have an Android phone, with Android connect, if both in the car.....'
Are you trying to connect a third phone - I think the limit is 2, (it is on my 2019 model) or perhaps I am overthinking it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This was the second phone.
After more time trying to resolve, ( without any success) I did a few checks on the phone, and found the following,

The Samsung Galaxy phones now compatible with Android Auto Wireless include the Galaxy S8/S8+, S9/S9+, and S10/S10+. The Galaxy Note 8, Note 9, and Note 10 are also compatible. You'll need Android 9.0 or later, version 4.7 (or later) of the Android Auto app, and of course, an Android car head unit that supports wireless mode.

So my wife's S7 running Android 8 will not connect via Wi-Fi, not ideal but at least I now know and do not need to waste more time.
Thanks for your input

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.