Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone had any issues?

Ive had a few mornings where ive needed to clear the inside windscreen with a.c.
Tbh the t cross is not the best at clearing condensation , takes longer than previous cars.

However today the inside screen was soaked actually beading water. No amount of a/c would clear that. I had to cloth it off before driving. Now i have to clean the smears from the screen. If this is a daily repeat on cold morning's its a bad design somewhere

·
Registered
72 Posts
It was bad on mine this morning after the night's frost. My T6 is just the same needing towelling off first before the air will clear it although I have a heated windscreen on it which doesn't seem to assist in driving off moisture at all.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Glad its not just me then, if theres anything we can do to lessen the effect im open to ideas?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oldiebut goodie said:
Emigrate?
Id take contributions to that excellent suggestion, west coast usa being favorite :lol: :cool:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Random I know... but I've had this problem too... I went to get my first aid kit out of my boot today. I store it in the space where the space should be and found a puddle of water. This is probably contributing to the condensation. There was literally 2cm of water!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the same issue and it takes the AC an eternity to clear it. I'm actually not convinced that it isn't the AC that's causing the issue! However, I went back to dealer and they blamed a faulty valve on the outside/recycled Air intake (or not) and replaced that. Still happens though...and not just on frosty mornings either. Will be monitoring closely to see if a return trip to the dealer is required.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Car now booked back in to Dealer for further checks. Got in yesterday, 3 degrees outside, windows clear. Started car, AC was already in 'auto' for 19 degrees and..instant sauna. had to sit for nearly 10 mins to get windows clear. I still can't see how that's not a faulty AC unit but we will see what the dealer says.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm still deciding whether to get a T-Cross or something else, but I do read through the forum. I have a 2018 Polo 115 DSG.
Luckily, I don't have any problem with condensation, but the car I had before, used to really condensate until I started using a heater.
First open the boot drop down the rear seats, place a bit of wood in the boot, so not to damage the boot carpet. Open the front windows about 2 Cm, place the home 2 Kw heater (the type that lays flat on the floor) and turn it up full bore 2 Kw switch it on and close the boot, having the front windows open a bit allows the moist air out, I used to leave it working in the car for a good 2 hours or even 3 hours. You will find it will cut down the condensation to a minimum. I used to do this about 2/3 times during the winter months.
During the winter months or really all year, use the air con, not only does it circulate dry air, it helps keep the rubber seals in the air con flexible, if you use the air con just during the summer months, the seals will tend to dry out and you stand a good chance you will loose refrigerant!
And the member who has a puddle in the boot, get that sorted out, as that wont help one little bit with your condensation.

I hope this information helps?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.