Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone I have ordered a t cross sel reef blue dsg which Vw say is in transit ..and they can't give me a predicted delivery date at the dealers .. so let's say late July / early august
My question is would you take delivery on a 20 plate or wait till self 1st for a 70 plate
Does it make that much difference years down the line re poss trade in ?
Cheers
Kevin

·
Registered
65 Posts
After around 3 years, mileage and condition are going to be the biggest factors to affect trade in value.

The registration number (20 or 70) is going to be worth Approx £400 on trade in.

·
Super Moderator
450 Posts
Think I'd wait. Perception is 69 is 6 months older than 70 even if the actual difference is just weeks. All sellers talk about is the plate, not the month of registration.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I think it depends too on whether you are trading in a car for the VW that also would depreciate. I'd also say that if the dealer wants more cars off their books before the 70 plate, might be more of a deal to be done.

·
Registered
VW T-cross SEL 115 DSG 2019 Energetic Orange
380 Posts
If it was 2/3 weeks I'd wait, unless there was an incentive offered.

·
Registered
162 Posts
When you say in transit, was it a factory order or already at the docks here or not yet in the uk? I was due to get mine today, but backlog at the docks. I don't know if next week or week after now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.