Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi gents

I recently ran into a small, unexpected issue with a yellow triangle popping up between the speedometer and revcounter on my 2021 T-Cross.
I was totally baffled as to what it meant and what caused it. A friend told me that in new models it is an alert that the windsheild cleaning liquid tank is almost empty. This sounded totally weird to me, never the less I filled it up, and the triangle turned off.

Does anyone know for sure if this is correct or should I be running back to VW to find out what the yellow triangle means?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your answer @PaleBlueDot !!!

Seems strange though. I mean is it normal for this to happen or is it something I should be worried about?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Seems like on the T Cross this symbol has something to do with service fluids ( what exactly do they mean.... I honestly don't have a clue ).
I really wish that volks at VW made the messages more comprehensive by normal people who understand normal english.

·
Registered
34 Posts
An easy way to satisfy yourself and perhaps bring confidence that all is ok is to simply empty the washer fluid and monitor to see if the lamp comes back on . Ignition on, hold the washer fluid on in burst, not continuously. Once the bottle is empty the triangle should illuminate, refill and it should be out . It does seem a bit of a silly indicator for the washer fluid - every other VW I have owned had a clear washer fluid empty symbol and not a generic warning triangle.
Also check out the multi function display there may be a transitory text message indicating Washer Fluid Low .

·
Registered
66 Posts
The T-Cross does have a washing liquid level sensor and it triggers the light when low. You can check in the infotainment screen under the Car Status menu where it shows the Start/Stop status it usually shows a description of any errors the car might have.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi all

Last week I came across the same error once again.

As GeoBog correctly suggested, I checked the infotainment screen under Car Status menu, and behold...THERE IT WAS!!!

Apparently the Front Assist was returning an error " vw front assist not available sensor impaired " ( translated from Greek.. )

This supposedly occurs if your VW emblem isn't spotlessly clean .... OK totally nuts...I mean imaging driving through mud or snow and this stupid sensor going heywire...LOL...

I did go to my VW service center though ! All they could tell me was to make sure the emblem was kept spotlessly clean, and should this issue occure again , then I should take the car in for them to check it and possibly calibrate or replace the sensor which is found directly behind the emblem.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I've had this as well but there was also an error message along the lines of "Front Assist sensor impaired" (or a similar word in the square box between the speedo and the rencounter where the speed display is on your first photo - in my case it was due to rain affecting the sensor behind the VW badge but if there are dead insects etc on it that may also affect it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I had a similar issue on my old MK7 GTI albeit the sensor was in the lower front grille. Can't remember if it says this in the T-Cross user manual but I remember in the GTI manual it was specified to not rely/use the front assist/ACC on fog, mud and torrential rain because it cannot be accurate.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Yep, there are a whole list of conditions in the manual where it suggests ACC/Front Assist may not work (rain, snow, etc)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts