Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Thanks for the add. Skoda Yeti coming to the 3 year mark on its PCP early next year so off round the shops we go.

Having been caught out with a Qashqai before - looks big feels like a normal car we must have sat in every small SUV going and only the T-Cross and the Vitara gave us the 'high up' seating position we like. T-Cross has a more premium feel so that's what we've gone with.

On order is a SEL DSG in energetic orange with folding mirrors, active info display and rear camera. I prefer rubber to alloy so the standard wheels are staying.

Got a build week of 36 with an estimated delivery in November.

Cheers

Simon

·
Registered
129 Posts
SimonF said:
Got a build week of 36 with an estimated delivery in November.

Cheers

Simon
A worrying delay - is that a definite build week 36 ? Did the dealer say why it would take 2 months to deliver and how they would cope with the possible 10% import tax ?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi!

Yes confirmed build week according to the dealers system. No idea why two months... Just need to wait and see I guess.

Given the way Brexit had gone I can't see any mechanisms for import tax being in place from day one... Whenever day one may be.

·
Registered
129 Posts
We will see, there are a few of us with a DSG with a build week 36 & I was concerned that there could be problems with the new emissions certification for it ! My Dealer is still saying end of September which is a tad optimistic.

Re tax, a hard Brexit will mean a 10% Import Tax on day 1 for vehicles made in Countries that we don't have another agreement with !

·
Registered
424 Posts
Re tax, a hard Brexit will mean a 10% Import Tax on day 1 for vehicles made in Countries that we don't have another agreement with !

Says who..?...! You are not part of "project fear" are you..?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Halin9 said:

Says who..?...! You are not part of "project fear" are you..?
Says the government
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/temporary-rates-of-customs-duty-on-imports-after-eu-exit/mfn-and-tariff-quota-rates-of-customs-duty-on-imports-if-the-uk-leaves-the-eu-with-no-deal

an easier to read article is
https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-news/106291/foreign-made-cars-subject-to-10-import-tariffs-under-official-no-deal-brexit

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.