Engine cutting out at low speed

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen T-Cross
Halin9

Re: Engine cutting out at low speed

Post by Halin9 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:19 pm

I wouldn't want to risk it cutting out at a crucial moment.! Switch off the stop/start until you can get it checked out..

D J DAVE

Post by D J DAVE » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:35 am

Have taken the car in twice to the dealer, on both occasions , the technician agreed that some thing was not right with the car, however in the report they said it was ok. It appears that the report is a form that just requires ticking.On a meeting with management they said nothing was wrong with our car as all the cars of 115 engine have this issue. It would appear VW are keeping this under wraps, as it would be a major cost exercise to put all right. At the meeting it was stated that in there opinion the gear ratios are not suitable in low gear,this could be correct as I have not heard of any 95 engines with the 5 speed gear box having this problem.
We are going away for a few days, on return we are getting a independent report and going through the motor ombudsmen.
This car was only nine weeks old when it was taken in the first time

IWRA

Post by IWRA » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:15 am

I have been reluctant to take mine in to be fobbed off by VW who I suspect may either deny there is a problem or have no fix. The German owners have experienced the same issues. Please let us know what response you get.

https://www.t-crossforum.de/threads/sta ... matik.181/
2019 T-Cross First Edition

DrSaG

Post by DrSaG » Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:56 pm

If many of us have issues with this, I recommend filing a complain all together. I already contacted VW on Twitter and they gave me an email address for complains
1.0 GT DSG 115hp in White :D
Parking sensors front and back
App connect
Active info display
Radio composition media
Electric heated and foldable mirrors

D J DAVE

Post by D J DAVE » Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:05 pm

We sent a letter of complaint to the VW Managing Director Uk. and our letter was passed to customer service officer Meera Chand on 01908547312. She was of the opinion that nothing was wrong with the car and it was up to the to dealer say that it had a fault.
I Have contacted the AA regarding a independent report and they passed me on to a company who specializes in this sort of problem.
Unfortunately we are away until the 15 JAN so it will not be able to take place until after this date.
Regarding having a joint complaint I think it is good idea,We where told it is only few that have or are concerned about this issue, yet our dealer will not register it has a fault because all the cars with 115 engine have the stop/start issues and it is part of the design of this engine.

Topcat

Post by Topcat » Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:03 pm

Thankfully I do not have this problem,I do have a DSG gearbox so wondered if this is happening mainly to cars with the manual gearbox. I previously had to reject a T Roc because of the Kangaroo problem VW will push the problem back to the dealers, but if the vehicle is within the first thirty days you can reject it and ask for a full refund, my T Roc went backwards and forwards until I wrote a letter and rejected the vehicle as not fit for purpose. Strangely the DSG models did not seem to suffer as badly.
There is a template letter that a T Roc member put on that website which I used to reject that vehicle. In the meantime I hope you can get a permanent fix. The act covering rejection is The Consumer Credit Act 2015.
Should add there were loads of TRoc 1.5 engine with the manual gearbox that suffered the problem and were rejected, the issue was also in the motoring press Honest John of the Telegraph.
Black T Cross R Line DSG
Winter Pack, Running Boards, Reversing Camera, Spare Wheel, Electric Folding Wing Mirrors
Ex Demonstrator.

D J DAVE

Post by D J DAVE » Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:18 pm

What I am finding VW do not support the customer they push any problems back to the dealer saying they sold the car its there problem, yet it is obvious that this problem of cutting out is a world wide problem ,it is on the German forum, so we the customer are stuck in the middle.

The only way to resolve this if WV are going to ignore the customer,is all stand together and take out a class action lawsuit VW would not stand a chance with so many people with this problem including Sent cars,the damage to VW reputation would be in tatters. The problem is one person takes this on for all the complainants and it takes time.

Before long there will be a very large law suit against VW this problem is an accident waiting to happen.

Ford did the same thing some years ago and ignored a problem with one of their cars, there was a major accident involving a police car, it was proved that the error caused the problem and Ford were soon quick to pay up.

DrSaG

Post by DrSaG » Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:39 pm

Just got my car today so here is my feedback from driving my first 30km with our new family member :)

Start/Stop enabled.
Approaching a red traffic light.
Engine stopped.
Light turned green.
Released the brake pedal and engine didn't start right away (there was a short delay)
Right after I released the brake pedal, I hit the gas.
The car responded "wildly" and gave me and my fiance a good kick. We both thought someone crashed us from behind - unfortunately it was that bad. It did remind me the good old times with my Toyota Corolla 96 when I was releasing the clutch too fast :D

I booked for a service appointment already on Tuesday next week to have it checked.
1.0 GT DSG 115hp in White :D
Parking sensors front and back
App connect
Active info display
Radio composition media
Electric heated and foldable mirrors

D J DAVE

Post by D J DAVE » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:13 am

With all the problems we are having with the engine cutting out, I would reject it and get your money back

TX19

Post by TX19 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:17 pm

Mine is auto and I’ve noticed it just twice since I’ve had the car when turning into my road with my foot on the brake but starts again the second I get back on the gas. So not really an issue for me. It hasn’t happened anywhere else either.
T Cross R Line 1.0 DSG Limestone...Winter Pack. Rear Camera.