Reversing camera

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen T-Cross
Matrick

Re: Reversing camera

Post by Matrick » Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:06 pm

I checked with my VW dealer and they can only purchase and retrofit one version of the camera. So it appears the UK at least have been screwed from a factory order or retrofit perspective.

Of course one could buy the High-line version from an online dealer but that may or may not have warranty implications. So I will play safe and stick with the dealer installed UK low line version. God knows what "even Lower-line" version we'll get after Brexit, probably a flip down "reversing bumper" basically an old tyre that allows one to nudge into whatever is behind the car !!!
R-Line, DSG, Pearl Deep Black, Heated Seats, Reversing Camera, Mud Guards.

Tricky2

Post by Tricky2 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:22 am

Just taken delivery of ours, and yes the lines on the camera don't turn. However I did think it was a very clear picture and on a very large screen compared with my Tig. I guess we'll just live with it, she who's car it is happy with the camera, and I didn't have a problem reversing with the static lines.

Incident read last night the camera gets a wash when you wash the back screen. EDIT: Grrrr this was miss information, the camera (factory fitted) does NOT have the wash jet, and in the rain because of where it is it's pants as it gets very wet and unviewable.
R-line 115 DSG in energetic orange with reversing camera and keyless

I have Tiguan 2015 177ps 4motion DSG

Matrick

Post by Matrick » Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:00 am

I have my dealer retrofit camera now, no moving lines but it works well. What I don't have though is the small vehicle image showing parking sensor alert bars as it beeps - my camera does not have the car image on the right as shown below. I only have a clear camera with fixed lines, no other graphics but I hear the audible beep of the rear parking sensors.

Do others have this and are your cameras factory or dealer retrofits?

Thanks

Matrick

Post by Matrick » Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:16 am

This is my camera.... I am now suspecting that this isn't a genuine VW unit :(

IMG_2094.jpg

Mr_moobs

Post by Mr_moobs » Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:44 am

Matrick wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:00 am
I have my dealer retrofit camera now, no moving lines but it works well. What I don't have though is the small vehicle image showing parking sensor alert bars as it beeps - my camera does not have the car image on the right as shown below. I only have a clear camera with fixed lines, no other graphics but I hear the audible beep of the rear parking sensors.

Do others have this and are your cameras factory or dealer retrofits?

Thanks

I think I have exactly the same as you. However, I used to have Cross Traffic Alert which visually showed me which direction traffic was coming at me from when reversing (along with a beep). Since this new camera, I no longer see the visual and only have the beep. :(

Matrick

Post by Matrick » Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:24 pm

Hi Mr Moobs!

That's useful feedback thanks. Do you have this same camera image as mine, shown below without a car graphic?