Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner

Engine light after 80 miles!

9K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  oldiebut goodie 
#1 ·
With only 80 miles on the clock have engine management lamp on - have read the error codes - No.2 cylinder glow plug error. Not what is expected of a brand new car!
Booked in with the stealer for a look-see tomorrow. What a pain.

#3 ·
You have my sympathy, absolutely not what you want on a brand new car. Unfortunately faults do occasionally happen, it's just not nice when it's you.

Hope it gets fixed soon.

#4 ·
Fault was the glow plug control module, replaced - 1st time that they have had this on a T-Cross apparently. Courtesy car was a R-Line, strangely it didn't feel the same as the SEL. Nothing that I could pin down other than noticing the rear disc brakes on the the R-Line felt different to the drums on the SEL.

#5 ·
oldiebut goodie said:
Fault was the glow plug control module, replaced - 1st time that they have had this on a T-Cross apparently. Courtesy car was a R-Line, strangely it didn't feel the same as the SEL. Nothing that I could pin down other than noticing the rear disc brakes on the the R-Line felt different to the drums on the SEL.
My SEL has discs all round 🤔

#9 ·
oldiebut goodie said:
What size engine do you have on your SEL?
In the Polo range, the basic 90 BHP has the rear drums, but the 115 BHP has rear discs, could be the same for the T-Cross?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.