Screen misting up

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen T-Cross
sammy447

Screen misting up

Post by sammy447 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:52 pm

I have a T Cross first edition

I have had the problem of the screen and side windows misting up since new.

The climatronic system is set on auto and for instance today i have travelled 80 miles and the screen and side windows have misted up three times, to clear the condensation (i have left the system on auto and generally does not clear) i have to override the auto system and switch over to demist.

The system does not always mist up and sometimes i do a hundred miles or more and it does not mist up.

I have had 2 Golf GTD in the past with the climatronic system fitted and i never had any of these issues .

The vehicle has been into the local VW dealer who kept it for two days and they found no issues.

marius07

Re: Screen misting up

Post by marius07 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:09 am

Do you keep your AC on while on Auto?

Also first edition here, always keep auto with AC on and I dont have this issue
T-Cross First Edition

Tricky2

Post by Tricky2 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:37 am

Not a First edition but an Rline but again no misting up. Agree what's said about having AC on, it doesn't just chill it dehumidifiers, also check you haven't got the outside air flap closed.

Otherwise check floors and boot for water, some on here have had leaks and the water inside would cause the misting.
R-line 115 DSG in energetic orange with reversing camera and keyless

I have Tiguan 2015 177ps 4motion DSG

Digitalracer

Post by Digitalracer » Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:59 pm

Yes, definitely check it is not set to recirculating, that was the issue for my mother.
SEL DSG Energetic orange, keyless entry, folding mirrors, auto headlights, chrome strip on boot, spacesaver, Park assist and 17" Clayton alloys. Ordered 25th July, expected delivery 30th September. Collection mid October.

silverhairs

Post by silverhairs » Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:33 pm

Have you lifted the carpets and felt for damp underlay.
I know on a lot of cars the drain from the air-con runs inside the cabin and the pipe could be leaking or the pipe has disconnected and the condensate is just going straight into the cabin and causing the windows to mist up.
Can I suggest taking it back and getting VW to sort it out, that's what warranties are for !!!

Roskoboy

Post by Roskoboy » Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:45 pm

I had this issue and have been back to the dealer twice before it was resolved...AC on or not! The fault lies with the valve/flap that alternates on demand between fresh air and recycled air. In my case the first time it got checked there was a piece of wiring from the loom blocking it open or shut (I can't remember which) so they removed it all, moved the wires and put it back together again. When this didn't cure it they replaced/renewed the whole mechanism for the flap and that did the trick...no issues since. See you dealer because mine was aware of this as an 'issue'.

sammy447

loud clicking noise from climatronic system

Post by sammy447 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:23 am

T cross first edition
I have an additional problem with the climatronic system .
The system is set to auto with the a/c system on and there is a loud clicking noise (3 clicks as if a servo has reached its limits and is trying to move further but it cannot) from the passenger area.
It has started since we have had the hot weather and i have not had the sound in the winter even with the system set to auto with the a/c on.the noise does not occur on first starting on the drive but after a journey long or short i leave the car and when i return and i am reversing out of the parking bay there are these 3 clicks. i have had the noise once when driving but it normally occurs on first start up. apart from the minor niggles from the climatronic system i am pleased with the car having covered over 10,000 miles so far

Tricky2

Post by Tricky2 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:21 pm

It is possible this is the recirculation flap, certainly climate on the Tig closes the flap when reversing to avoid fumes entering the car.
R-line 115 DSG in energetic orange with reversing camera and keyless

I have Tiguan 2015 177ps 4motion DSG

DrSaG

Post by DrSaG » Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:02 pm

In general the isolation in the T-Cross is quite bad so don't expect much :) For sure tho if the screen is misting up quite a lot, try visiting the workshop to have a look.
1.0 GT DSG 115hp in White :D
Parking sensors front and back
App connect
Active info display
Radio composition media
Electric heated and foldable mirrors

sammy447

Post by sammy447 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:58 pm

Update on screen misting up and loud clicking noise on climatronic system.
Car went into my local dealer last week , printed off and left copies of pages from the forum on the front seat with suggestions it may be the recirculation flap.
I later had a call from the dealer to say that they had run son tests and it was the recirculation flap motor which they would put on order and if they kept the car overnight they would fit the next day which they did.
I have had the car back for nearly a week now and the loud clicking noise has gone , so i am now waiting for the cold weather to come and hopefully the misting up of the screen will be cured as well i will update. I have had good service from the dealership (Parkway VW Northampton ) who collected and delivered the car.