Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen T-Cross
Halin9

Re: Screen misting up

Post by Halin9 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:06 pm

Great that the forum was useful and you have a good Dealer..👍

sammy447

area monitoring system (front assist)

Post by sammy447 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:45 pm

Has anyone experienced problems with the front assist system i have had 4 alarms with this as follows
1) driving out of a car park at approx 3 -4 mph the car just stopped and the warning sign came on no prior other warnings ie acoustic or lights
2) driving out of local town approx 30 mph the warning light came on but no braking , i put that down to i was passing a crossing in the middle of the road.
3) driving in a traffic jam and the car in front moved forward approx 3 car lengths and as i started to move forward the car braked automatically with no warning, at first i thought the car behind me had hit me ( i am surprised he did not as i stopped so quickly luckily he had left a good gap behind me.
4) the latest occurrence was last week . i was driving on a b road at approx 40 mph with no vehicles in sight either in front or behind and with wide clear grass verges either side when the system braked with a short sharp jolt and the advance warning light came on , there was no prior warning acoustic or lights on dash.to say this was alarming is putting it mildly, luckily there was no other vehicles behind me otherwise there may have been a collision. the car has now covered 14,000 miles .

Tricky2

Re: Screen misting up

Post by Tricky2 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:43 am

Not sure you'll get much response tacking this onto a screen misting thread. Better to start a new topic.
R-line 115 DSG in energetic orange with reversing camera and keyless

I have Tiguan 2015 177ps 4motion DSG