1 litre engine recall

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen T-Cross
Jonblue

Re: 1 litre engine recall

Post by Jonblue » Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:29 am

Yes Digitalracer -- checked mine also -- no problem.

R line DSG 115 in Makena Turquoise
Electric mirrors
Sound Beats system,
Active Info display
Rear camera

Digitalracer

Post by Digitalracer » Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:38 pm

Just off the phone from dealership, car booked in for 1st service. They checked their records and said no recall on mine.
SEL DSG Energetic orange, keyless entry, folding mirrors, auto headlights, chrome strip on boot, spacesaver, Park assist and 17" Clayton alloys. Ordered 25th July, expected delivery 30th September. Collection mid October.

Kugaman

Post by Kugaman » Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:19 am

Gotta laugh,
There is no recall at all for any model of the T-cross, yet everyone has to check with their dealers..... :D

Lots of sheep on here.......
Wifes got a T-cross 115 First Edition

Halin9

Post by Halin9 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:34 pm

Kugaman......if you look on the first entry on this post and view the website car recalls Europe VW etc....it clearly mentions a recall for the T-cross......baa,baa.....!

Kugaman

Post by Kugaman » Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:28 am

Halin9 wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:34 pm
Kugaman......if you look on the first entry on this post and view the website car recalls Europe VW etc....it clearly mentions a recall for the T-cross......baa,baa.....!
Sorry, baaa, baaa, should have maybe been even clearer.

There is no UK recall for the T-cross.

Ask VW UK, theres nothing.

Baaaaa, Baaaaa
Wifes got a T-cross 115 First Edition

Halin9

Post by Halin9 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:26 pm

Mmm..that announcement states VW, Seat and Skoda brands....WORLDWIDE...!....specifically injectors on the 1.0 litre TSI engine.
It definitely doesn't say excluding the UK..!.. So, either that post is incorrect, or you are.!

glint.bladesong

Post by glint.bladesong » Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:08 am

I admit to being Australian, and therefore my grasp of the mother tongue is precarious and vulgar at best, but like Halin9 I too assumed "worldwide" to include... well... the world. I know Brexit was (is?) a traumatic experience, but I believe the UK only left(is leaving?) Europe, not the entire world, correct?

Clearly there are vehicle driving farm animals who wish to believe otherwise, for some reason unbeknownst to others.

As my old teacher once said, "You have just as much right to your opinion as I have to think it foolish" (Its just such a pity he wrote it on one of my essays :) )
I have a T-Cross Style (Australian version) in Energetic orange. 3cylinder DSG.
We call it Harvey.

Tricky2

Post by Tricky2 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:27 am

As with any manufacturer, a bad batch of components can sometimes happen. Clearly this has happened, and due to the detailed logistics records VW can narrow this down to individual car VIN's. These have no doubt shipped worldwide, so they have introduced the recall for these individual cars worldwide.

It's clear that so far MEMBERS OF THIS FORUM do not have one of these affected models. That's all that can be drawn from this limited sample.
R-line 115 DSG in energetic orange with reversing camera and keyless

I had Tiguan 2015 177ps 4motion DSG for 6 years, currently Volvo XC40 AWD mild hybrid

Halin9

Post by Halin9 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:18 pm

The members of this forum who have checked with their Dealer do not appear to have one of the problem cars.!
However, those of us who have not yet checked, could possibly have an affected car..!
So, us sheep, could perhaps benefit from an apology..!

Digitalracer

Post by Digitalracer » Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:21 am

Halin9 wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:18 pm
The members of this forum who have checked with their Dealer do not appear to have one of the problem cars.!
However, those of us who have not yet checked, could possibly have an affected car..!
So, us sheep, could perhaps benefit from an apology..!
Seconded. 👍👍
SEL DSG Energetic orange, keyless entry, folding mirrors, auto headlights, chrome strip on boot, spacesaver, Park assist and 17" Clayton alloys. Ordered 25th July, expected delivery 30th September. Collection mid October.