Reverse brake assist + suspension heights

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen T-Cross
Johnsmith

Reverse brake assist + suspension heights

Post by Johnsmith » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:05 pm

Emergency brake regularly triggered as I reverse slightly down hill off driveway.

Always triggered by sensor on left rear corner - none of the other sensors picking up anything.

I just noticed the gap between tyre and wheel arch on rear right wheel is much bigger than on rear left. So in effect the back right is riding higher than left.

Are these likely to be related and anyone else had similar issues - how did you resolve?

Halin9

Re: Reverse brake assist + suspension heights

Post by Halin9 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:45 am

The emergency braking comes on when it thinks you are about to hit something..happened a couple of times with me, once reversing out of my narrow garage and once on a narrow country road when reversing out of the way of an oncoming car..so good really.
The different gap of wheel arches is something else..looks like something is out of line..get it checked out at your dealership.

Johnsmith

Post by Johnsmith » Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:32 pm

The brake is coming in when I'm reversing into clear road. That's why I suspected a fault.

I'll get the suspension heights checked out
Thanks

Digitalracer

Post by Digitalracer » Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:30 am

Just a thought, they haven't left the packing they place in the suspension for transportation from the factory have they on that wheel 🤔
SEL DSG Energetic orange, keyless entry, folding mirrors, auto headlights, chrome strip on boot, spacesaver, Park assist and 17" Clayton alloys. Ordered 25th July, expected delivery 30th September. Collection mid October.

tcross

Post by tcross » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:21 am

Digitalracer wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:30 am
Just a thought, they haven't left the packing they place in the suspension for transportation from the factory have they on that wheel 🤔
That wont be the first time, by any means. This is defiantly a possibility.

Johnsmith

Post by Johnsmith » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:45 pm

I'll check it out. It's in for service today. They say there's no-issue with sensor or clearances.

I shall be there with a tape measure tomorrow on collection to double check it's resolved

I saw a suggestion it could be the fuel tank is not central so one side carries more load. So will also check some display models

GeoBog

Post by GeoBog » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:28 am

I don't think they install transport pucks on rear suspension as it's a different system, the shock absorbers have hard plastic dust covers which cannot be lifted to install the pucks. The factory only install transport pucks on the front suspension which is a MacPherson system with the dust cover flexible plastic/rubber which can be lifted to expose the strut. In this case I would get the car checked at the garage, maybe one of the springs/shocks on the rear is not aligned properly.
2020 VW T-Cross SEL
2019 Renault Megane RS Trophy 300
2012 Fiat 500 Twinair
2007 Renault Megane 2
------------------------------------------
The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.

Digitalracer

Post by Digitalracer » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:49 am

Johnsmith wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:45 pm
I'll check it out. It's in for service today. They say there's no-issue with sensor or clearances.

I shall be there with a tape measure tomorrow on collection to double check it's resolved

I saw a suggestion it could be the fuel tank is not central so one side carries more load. So will also check some display models
How did you get on, and was there any mention of the engine recall?
SEL DSG Energetic orange, keyless entry, folding mirrors, auto headlights, chrome strip on boot, spacesaver, Park assist and 17" Clayton alloys. Ordered 25th July, expected delivery 30th September. Collection mid October.

Johnsmith

Post by Johnsmith » Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:51 pm

I raised the recall query. Dealer said no recall on T-Cross over engines

Digitalracer

Post by Digitalracer » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:08 am

Thanks for the reply👍 And what happened re the suspension and brake issue?