Fault detected with SOS button – when activated it freezes the dashboard and infotainment system

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen T-Cross
Vividwhite

Fault detected with SOS button – when activated it freezes the dashboard and infotainment system

Post by Vividwhite » Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:24 pm

Hi All, I am basically hoping for any kind of guidance. I have ordered a TCross SEL which should have been delivered last Wednesday after two months of waiting. It failed it’s Pre delivery inspection with Listers and is now waiting for a fix from VW UK. They’ve told me they can’t give guidance on how long it may take to fix but believe it to probably be a software update needed. I have been told the fault is as follows: Fault detected with SOS button – when activated it freezes the dashboard and infotainment system

Basically I know absolutely nothing about cars and im just desperate to get it now having survived at home with two small children and no car for two months. Iv been offered either wait for a fix (unknown amount of time) or cancel and go for something else but I really love the TCross and apparently it’s a fault with an entire batch not just mine.

I’m really just wondering if anyone has any kind of experience of this sort of thing?! Any idea on how long this sort of thing can take to fix?! Any help would be appreciated as previously mentioned I’m clueless when it comes to cars.

Thank you

robby71

Re: Fault detected with SOS button – when activated it freezes the dashboard and infotainment system

Post by robby71 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:12 pm

I saw a couple of other soon to be owners on the FB group saying their deliveries were delayed due to this a couple of weeks ago

Seems strange how cras made before this batch didn't have the problem - you'd think they could just download the software from another car of same spec onto your ecu?
R-Line 115 manual in white

Tricky2

Re: Fault detected with SOS button – when activated it freezes the dashboard and infotainment system

Post by Tricky2 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:22 pm

Could be the T-Cross has just got the MIB3, like the T-Roc 2021, and the Tig 2 facelift. It might be a possible reason for a new fault.
R-line 115 DSG in energetic orange with reversing camera and keyless

I have Tiguan 2015 177ps 4motion DSG

Vividwhite

Post by Vividwhite » Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:44 am

Thank you both for replying I really do appreciate it!
Oh really?! Well yes that’s kind of what I thought, if the car has been built successfully previously why not just revert to that build or something but assumed that was me being clueless on the situation.

Do you think it sounds a relatively small problem ? I really want the car but I’m scared this could go on for months on end.

Thank you again

Tricky2

Post by Tricky2 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:55 am

I think they had a similar problem just prior to releasing the id3.

If it's affecting multiple cars it's a big incentive for them to fix it quickly. They've built all these cars and won't get their money back till the customers get them. Having said that can't you push you're dealer for a loaner given it's their fault not yours?
R-line 115 DSG in energetic orange with reversing camera and keyless

I have Tiguan 2015 177ps 4motion DSG

robby71

Post by robby71 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:42 pm

Well VW don't have a good track record of fixing problems, look how long it took to sort the 1.5 engines from stalling/ hickupping, etc (if it is fully sorted?) i believe that was down to a software problem?

Vividwhite

Post by Vividwhite » Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:00 pm

Thanks all.

So a small update today, VW have supplied Listers with a software update that they believe will resolve the issue.
Now waiting on Listers confirming they have tried it and it works/doesn’t work.

Fingers crossed?!!

Halin9

Post by Halin9 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:46 pm

Hope the update does work for you....if not, as suggested above, ask for a loan car.

robby71

Post by robby71 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:15 pm

So did the update work?

jo_ri

Post by jo_ri » Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:16 pm

So relieved to this as I've received an email saying the same thing. However I've been waiting for a car since June after Kia sent me the wrong car and I rejected it. I've been in the same dilemma about ordering something else but all my expert friends have told me to sit tight with a reputable car manufacturer who will be busting a gut to fix it as they'll want our cash!! Good to see that you've also posted an update so fingers crossed we both get our SEL's soon!