New to VW

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen T-Cross
jadee

Re: New to VW

Post by jadee » Thu May 06, 2021 7:18 am

Don't forget on top of their 30 days you have some statutory rights under the Consumer Rights Act 2015.

The Act states the car must be “of a satisfactory quality”, “fit for purpose” and “as described”. (For a used car, “satisfactory quality” takes into account the car’s age and mileage.)

You have a right to reject something faulty and you are entitled to a full refund within 30 days of purchase in most cases.

Also if you used a credit card for all or part of the cost of your car, the card company and the dealer might be jointly responsible for compensating you under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

So if they don't fix and have nothing suitable as an exchange - invoke the legal acts and get a full refund.

Digitalracer

Post by Digitalracer » Thu May 06, 2021 8:23 am

Sound advice, and how can it be fit for purpose when a 2 Yr old car can't even get you home from the garage without breaking down!!
SEL DSG Energetic orange, keyless entry, folding mirrors, auto headlights, chrome strip on boot, spacesaver, Park assist and 17" Clayton alloys. Ordered 25th July, expected delivery 30th September. Collection mid October.

BRY

Post by BRY » Wed May 12, 2021 5:39 pm

Hi everyone one just become a vw T cross owner it’s a SE 110 hp Manual petrol
look forward to joining the forum discussions.

chudbond007

Post by chudbond007 » Tue May 18, 2021 6:33 pm

Right, the car has been with the dealer for the last week to sort out some issues - one of which was the rough idle causing the car to vibrate at idle. They say they have checked with a new T Cross and that does the same due to the 3 cylinder engine. Is this anyone else’s experience with the 1.0l 115 bhp engine? Sounds like bullshit to me but we’ve got no way of confirming this. They haven’t changed all the spark plugs - which I would’ve thought would have been the first thing to check. Got to decide whether to accept or reject this car.

IWRA

Post by IWRA » Tue May 18, 2021 8:08 pm

Bullshit. The car does not rough idle unless there is something wrong with it. It should tick over smoothly at 1,000rpm cold and hot.
2019 T-Cross First Edition

jadee

Post by jadee » Wed May 19, 2021 5:20 am

The 1 litre T Cross idles at 1,000 RPM - and I cannot hear or tell if the engine is running so I agree there is no rough idle. Can you not do a test drive yourself at another dealer so you can see this for yourselves?

PaleBlueDot

Post by PaleBlueDot » Wed May 19, 2021 8:56 pm

Ask the dealership to confirm you have satisfactory fuel pressure. Low fuel pressure will cause rough idling - number of causes - fuel pump performing below spec, filter partially blocked, or most likely faulty fuel pressure sensor.

VWAJ

Post by VWAJ » Wed May 26, 2021 5:21 pm

chudbond007 wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 5:14 pm
Thanks for all the advice.
Currently in discussion with the dealer as to how they are going to sort this. We're prepared to see if they can resolve the issues and return a car in pristine condition - if not we will invoke the 30-day no quibble exchange - but that's what it is - an exchange from the same dealer, not a refund and they don't have a great deal of choice at the price which suits my wife (basically either a Polo or a T Cross size wise, and its an R-Line so got lots of gadgets!)

We'll see what they can do.
Hi, I also consider invoking the 30-day no-quibble exchange of my T-cross 1.5 R-line due to I just bought this car within a month but already shown the errors such as "start-stop system" and "Brake servo restricted". But I would like to know whether I need to buy NEW car insurance for the exchanged car or I can transfer my current car insurance to the exchanged car? I hope you could resolve the above issues very soon. Thanks.

Tricky2

Post by Tricky2 » Wed May 26, 2021 10:18 pm

Re car insurance, you just transfer it, the same as whenever you change a car. If the new car's identical there should be no extra charge, if it's a different make, model or engine there may sometimes be an uplift, and in the odd rare case a refund!
R-line 115 DSG in energetic orange with reversing camera and keyless

I had Tiguan 2015 177ps 4motion DSG for 6 years, currently Volvo XC40 AWD mild hybrid

Diz

Post by Diz » Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:05 pm

chudbond007 wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 6:33 pm
Right, the car has been with the dealer for the last week to sort out some issues - one of which was the rough idle causing the car to vibrate at idle. They say they have checked with a new T Cross and that does the same due to the 3 cylinder engine. Is this anyone else’s experience with the 1.0l 115 bhp engine? Sounds like bullshit to me but we’ve got no way of confirming this. They haven’t changed all the spark plugs - which I would’ve thought would have been the first thing to check. Got to decide whether to accept or reject this car.
Sounds very odd.

I bought a brand new T-cross R-Line 1.0L 115BHP in manual which I collected on 27th May. I've not experienced any vibrations while idling.