Considering options

New to the Volkswagen T-Cross Forums? Introduce yourself here
IWRA

Re: Considering options

Post by IWRA » Wed May 08, 2019 2:56 pm

Having loaded a USB stick and SD card with tracks there was no noticeable difference in sound quality between the different sources. All the albums and tracks had accompanying titles and the graphics for each album cover.
2019 T-Cross First Edition

spc369

Post by spc369 » Fri May 10, 2019 9:14 am

Well im going to have to check again with the sales guy about the cd payer, it certainly not on the options list but if standard without beats then ive no issues,lol.

Ive test driven manual / auto in 115ps and both drove smooth. Ive now got the figures in from sales against each configuration im considering, they are all surprisingly in budget so it really is just a question of picking the right car for me.

Now heres something im unsure on.
I dont need the ag lifeshine product or the scratch / dent package.

Theres too much rumour that lifeshine isnt applied properly or if at all . Dealerships are busy and the cleaners out back are at best valeters not detailers.

The dent scratch package if you seen the measures they use are so small you never realistically get to use them.

Having told the salesman this he told me they will still appear as charged on the invoice but will be free as thats how they get commission on them.

All seems a bit odd, the invoice should be correct. Im going to have to go in and get this explained but wondered if anyone else has any experience?

Not tryiing to sound negative i think weve pretty much decided on the car its just working the right model / deal out
115 SE DSG Urano Grey > ordered 29/6/19
Active info display - Electrically folding mirrors - Reverse camera
Beats soundpack - keyless / stop start - Space saver spare

Ordered——29/6/19
Stage2———8/7/19

spc369

Post by spc369 » Fri May 10, 2019 6:19 pm

Well, last sunday i was given by the sales rep 3 prices against a 1500 equity in my car... on giving the rep the accurate figure on wednesday of 2500 one price changed down the other stayed the same. Odd. I questioned this today and he said he would email through the quotes for my reference. Unbelievably the prices have changed since wed, Same model price against same equity and apr.

Not sure what to do next as theres no faith in the qoutes.

Ordered——29/6/19
Stage2———8/7/19

katydaly

Post by katydaly » Sat May 11, 2019 7:41 am

spc369 wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 6:19 pm
Well, last sunday i was given by the sales rep 3 prices against a 1500 equity in my car... on giving the rep the accurate figure on wednesday of 2500 one price changed down the other stayed the same. Odd. I questioned this today and he said he would email through the quotes for my reference. Unbelievably the prices have changed since wed, Same model price against same equity and apr.

Not sure what to do next as theres no faith in the qoutes.
Sounds dodgy, what figures have you been given? I’ve had several quotes but they’ve been in the same ballpark.
R-line,white + winter pack, park assist, beats.
- Ordered: 23.04.19
- build week 23 (03.06.19)
- stage 5 (in transit) on 02.06.19
-stage 6 on 23.06.19 (arrived in the U.K.)
-app stage 7 27.06.19 (though was at dealer from 25th).
- collected 28.06.19

spc369

Post by spc369 » Sun May 12, 2019 10:53 am

238 for a 115 se manual and 263 for 115 auto on wed,,,, on fri they were 241 and 273 respectively. Same car, same deposit , same apr% as the deals on until the end of june so 2days apart no reason to change as the details didnt change

Ive said we will come in and discuss it sd over the phone doesent work. He keeps asking which one im favoring but ad the pricebis also a consideration ive not decided. Very odd.

Ordered——29/6/19
Stage2———8/7/19

spc369

Post by spc369 » Sat May 18, 2019 6:14 pm

Well revisted the dealership today and another look around the t cross has confirmed this will be my next car.
The guy who qouted the previous prices was busy and the only available staff was the finance manager. He went over the prices again and they are now 10 each cheaper on either manual or auto so we've had the prices printed out for reference.

It will be a 115 se with...

Auto mirrors... active info... rev camera... keyless and beats.

I just have to decide on manual or auto.

Send help ... lol

Ordered——29/6/19
Stage2———8/7/19

spc369

Post by spc369 » Sat May 25, 2019 9:12 am

Just rang dealer to arrange test drives... no cars available this weekend.... arrrgh.....so booked in fir next sat

Ordered——29/6/19
Stage2———8/7/19

spc369

Post by spc369 » Thu May 30, 2019 7:24 pm

Roll on sat,,, how long is an acceptable test drive? Big decision to make over a quick spin round the block

Ordered——29/6/19
Stage2———8/7/19

arkay

Post by arkay » Thu May 30, 2019 7:54 pm

You’re right a spin round the block is not enough! I find it is not so much the length of the test drive as the opportunity to put the car/gearbox through its paces although I would want a minimum of 20 minutes. Sitting for 20 mins in traffic mind you is not much good. Better 20 mins on mixed roads: town driving and dual carriageway. This gives you a good opportunity to get up to 60/70 mph and take the car through the gears and check the braking response. Listen for wind noise/tyre roar. I would keep the radio off and windows closed. Hopefully he salesman sitting beside you doesn’t talk too much!

Hope it goes well - let us know how it goes!
T-Cross SEL manual 115PS ordered 7/3/19. Extras: Deep Black Pearl, folding door mirrors, winter pack and rear view camera. Car was built 15/4/19 - delivery due mid May. Handover was on Monday 3rd June.

spc369

Post by spc369 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:39 am

Well another mess at my dealership, after a mess with the figures and waiting for a test drive slot i get to the dealership today to be told the salemans out getting petrol fine im booked in. He arrives back and says auto sold yesterday. Fine that happens but why with an appointment booked for a week why didnt anyone ring me? Too big a decision between auto / manual to only drive one. Ok so im there and the manuals there. Wated trip as i wont decide but might as well drive one.

Sits in car spend time adjusting everything. Turn key ,petrols in the red. I wouldnt have the confidence to drive it anywhere. so i go back in to be told i could drive to s station and put a fiver in! REALLY. I been waiting all week excited looking to make a decision today to be no further on.

Remember when i arrived the saleman was at a petrol station getting petrol, just not fir the car he had a customer coming to test .His excuse... people went on test drives yesterday... exactly so check the car for your next booked customer.

No further on and no confidence in this sales guy...

Ordered——29/6/19
Stage2———8/7/19