Considering options

New to the Volkswagen T-Cross Forums? Introduce yourself here
TR7_Driver

Re: Considering options

Post by TR7_Driver » Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:31 am

Only seen 2 on the roads so far, one local and one in the centre of London. Started to notice a lot more t-rocs on the road this last month.
Currently considering options.

spc369

Post by spc369 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:24 pm

Ok, again poor salesman contribution to my purchase. Said he would ring this week to confirm the order and set the app up. Nothing all week.
So im stood in the showroom this morning talking to the sales manager. Seemed a good time to enlighten him as to all the chasing ive done to get this sale an the apparent lack of effort at times from the salesman.
Missed calls when he said he would, appointments to drive cars that wernt there, appointments to drive dars with no fuel in them. He was not impressed. I think a chat will be had when the salesmans in again.
So i had a few questions from last weeks order and hes sorted everything out satisfactorily and set the app up. I forgot to ask a expected build date but he did say he will contact me with the order no as soon as its through next week. Im happy to sit on the app then and just watch..

As far as suggested to hold off till after jan i dont see the point, at trade in all they seem to care about is condition/ mileage as all the cars get farmed out to smaller dealers and auctions. Reg seems to have little if any impact. Especially with agreed future value on pcp. Avoiding the worst of the winter is pointless as there'll be another one along next year :lol: . I do use the best products on the paint protection though. None of this scratch n wash for a fiver :lol:

So, hopefully a order number next week and when the app recognises it i can join the queue of us waiting :D
115 SE DSG Urano Grey > ordered 29/6/19
Active info display - Electrically folding mirrors - Reverse camera
Beats soundpack - keyless / stop start - Space saver spare

Ordered——29/6/19
Stage2———8/7/19

spc369

Post by spc369 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:26 pm

TR7_Driver wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:31 am
Only seen 2 on the roads so far, one local and one in the centre of London. Started to notice a lot more t-rocs on the road this last month.
Only ones ive seen are at the dealership. Gota see one soon :D

Ordered——29/6/19
Stage2———8/7/19

Post by Newbie » Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:06 am

Good rationale if buying on pcp. There seems to high demand on the tcross, VW will know the best advertisement is getting some on the road asap. Its a bit of a secrete in my house which I'm terrible at keeping so need delivery urgently. Didn't know about the lack of spare wheel I'll buy one when car arrives

rarrar

Post by rarrar » Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:11 pm

What do people think of the "Active Info Display" option ?
What am I missing out on if I dont spec it as an option on a SEL ?
Looking to replace L&K Yeti at end of the year.
Considering SEL 1.0 , foldable mirrors, spare wheel, high beam assist, towbar possibly in Turquoise.

Halin9

Post by Halin9 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:09 pm

Active info display is well worth the relative small cost............ Gives many options on the dash displays , looks great, and is very upto date....must have in my view..! Also the rear view camera is excellent and, of course, park assist..!
Took delivery of mine last week and love it..!

spc369

Post by spc369 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:22 pm

Nice halin9 , good to see them coming through. More updats as you do more miles :D
I agree. The active info display is well worth the extra , looks smart and lots of options.

Finally got my order number today and as youd expect its at stage2 order with factory. Ive joined the waiting list. Dealer has suggested build week 36 up to now

Ordered——29/6/19
Stage2———8/7/19

Drw

Post by Drw » Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:52 pm

Halin9 wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:09 pm
Active info display is well worth the relative small cost............ Gives many options on the dash displays , looks great, and is very upto date....must have in my view..! Also the rear view camera is excellent and, of course, park assist..!
Took delivery of mine last week and love it..!
Does the rear camera have dynamic or static lines if you have park assist ?

Halin9

Post by Halin9 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:58 pm

Static lines in normal mode...haven't dare try park assist yet..!

rarrar

Post by rarrar » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:02 pm

Thanks for the positive comments on the Active Info Display.
Just Test driven a SEL which had the Active Info Display and 18" tyres !
Liked the Display - added to my options list.
Was disapppointed with the hard ride and steering on the bad uneven surfaces of some country lanes which we drove on, thought we had tyre pressure problems at first but am assuming it is the 18" low profile tyres which are not standard. It was quite a shock after driving my Yeti ( 17" tyres) over similar roads without any noticeable affect on the ride and steering.
Anyway look set to place an order, being offered about £450 discount plus £750 discount from a finance deal which I can cancel within 14 days with no penalties but still keeping the discount.
Options will be: Folding mirrors, High Beam assist, Active Info display and Spare Wheel.
I will need to get the towbar fitted at least 24hrs after taking delivery to meet some emissions regs.
Looking to replace L&K Yeti at end of the year.
Considering SEL 1.0 , foldable mirrors, spare wheel, high beam assist, towbar possibly in Turquoise.