Anyone regret buying T Cross?

New to the Volkswagen T-Cross Forums? Introduce yourself here
Perusal

Re: Anyone regret buying T Cross?

Post by Perusal » Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:47 pm

Despite having the worst possible start (see my other thread entitled “day 1 - worst possible start) my wife is absolutely loving her T Cross (even though we’ve had further issues in so far as the dealer ordered in a rear view camera for the car, collected it from home and then discovered the part was broken 🙄 - goes back tomorrow for a second attempt to fit a working camera). Yes, the plastics are a bit hard, there are some areas of cost cutting - no lights on the vanity mirrors etc - but the car is an absolute hoot to drive, easy to park and incredibly practical for its size. We “downgraded” from an Audi A3 but my wife isn’t missing that car at all. The R Line model also has more “technology” included as standard than my 2 month old Mercedes E Class. Really pleased with our purchase and only seen one other in 2 weeks of ownership.

Digitalracer

Post by Digitalracer » Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:27 pm

All seem very positive reviews,thanks. Wish I had requested the Active display but was told too close to being built to amend order.
SEL DSG Energetic orange, keyless entry, folding mirrors, auto headlights, chrome strip on boot, spacesaver and 17" Clayton alloys. Ordered 25th July, expected delivery 30th September :cry:

IWRA

Post by IWRA » Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:59 pm

The ride is absolutely fine on 18" wheels.
2019 T-Cross First Edition

greycross

Post by greycross » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:54 pm

No regrets about our T-Cross..

We initially ordered a T-Roc 1.5 TSI Manual, but there were mega delays and concerns over the Kangarooing which delayed things further. While we were waiting, along came the T-Cross which we really liked and which had all the same tech as the T-Roc.
So we switched our order to a T-Cross 1.0L SEL manual.

The only comment I would have is that the little 1.0 TSI 115 Bhp is a bit under powered at times, resulting in having to continually change gears all the time, which feels a bit alien after our previous Golf TDI which had loads of torque. In my opinion, the T-Cross would definitely benefit from a bit more grunt.

If the 1.5 TSI was sorted to be Kangaroo free and it was available in the T-Cross, just think what a stunning package that would be !!
T-Cross SEL 1.0 TSI 6-speed Manual Limestone Grey
Usual SEL kit plus, Active Info, Keyless, Rear Camera, Folding Mirrors & F/R Mud Flaps
Ordered 25th April 2019
Confirmed Build Week 10th June
Car at Dealers 15th July
Car Collected 1st August 2019

Drw

Post by Drw » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:22 pm

greycross wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:54 pm

The only comment I would have is that the little 1.0 TSI 115 Bhp is a bit under powered at times, resulting in having to continually change gears all the time,
I hope to get my T Cross this weekend, however this was my main worry as we are switching from a 2 litre Audi Q3. We insisted on a 30 minute test drive to include a long hill on a motorway and was surprised how well the T Cross managed it.
T Cross SEL DSG Champagne Silver
Active Info, Folding Mirrors, Park Assist, Rear View Camera, Spare Wheel
Ordered 15/4/19; Stage 3 - 30/7/19 Build Week 36
Stage 5a 10/9/19 ; Stage 6 2/10/19; Collected 14/10/19

greycross

Post by greycross » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:54 pm

Drw wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:22 pm
We are switching from a 2 litre Audi Q3.
We insisted on a 30 minute test drive to include a long hill on a motorway and was surprised how well the T Cross managed it.
I did the same, had a couple of test drives before deciding on the T-Cross 1.0 Tsi 115 Bhp..

Like you say, felt good on test drives and seemed very capable..

However, having owned it for 2 months now, I have started to get a little frustrated at times with the lack of grunt.

Also, if driven with a bit of spirit, the fuel consumption drops of dramatically, but guess that is a characteristic of a small engine.

Still a good little package, ideally suited to casually driving around in a elevated comfortable manor.
T-Cross SEL 1.0 TSI 6-speed Manual Limestone Grey
Usual SEL kit plus, Active Info, Keyless, Rear Camera, Folding Mirrors & F/R Mud Flaps
Ordered 25th April 2019
Confirmed Build Week 10th June
Car at Dealers 15th July
Car Collected 1st August 2019

Halin9

Post by Halin9 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:12 pm

Love my SEL dsg with 18 inch wheels....it's a pleasure to drive , super smooth gearbox and looks great, I think, in white.. The only thing is fuel consumption, low 40's , but I have touched 50 on a decent run. However, I think that's to be expected of a small 3 cylinder engine. I do think that the Eco claims for these small modern engines are exaggerated.....my wife gets more mpg out of her 14 year old 1.2 Nissan Micra..! Apart from that, great no regrets at all.

Jo90

Post by Jo90 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:17 pm

I have had my R line in turquoise automatic now for 3 weeks and worried it wouldn’t match up to my Qashqai 1.6 dci 4x4 that I exchanged it for but have been pleasantly surprised loving it so far 😊

Jonblue

Post by Jonblue » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:52 pm

I bought an ex demo R Line as needed car urgently. In hindsight I think I should have gone for the SEL. I find the 18 inch wheels with Hankook tyres too hard for my local roads laced with numerous potholes and feel 17 inch would cause less jarring. Also, there is a chance I might get some all season tyres with 17 inch wheels as they are almost impossible to find for 18 inchers.

DSG 115 auto R line in Turquouse with folding mirrors, rear reverse camera, active display

IWRA

Post by IWRA » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:25 am

Have you tried lowering the tyre pressures? Mine were over inflated on delivery. There may be someone willing to swap wheels with you, it's very difficult to know whether you will find much difference between 18 & 17".
2019 T-Cross First Edition