Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner

Soon to be owner!

14K views 22 replies 9 participants last post by  spc369 
#1 ·
Ordered my diesel SEL 06/09/19 - just heard from the dealer that it has arrived in Sheerness! Pick up in 2 weeks. Is this a record or has the dealer given me duff info?

#3 ·
Did you order any factory options? Sounds like it may have been one built for dealer stock that they have managed to nab for you. Result whatever way.... some people on here have had extended waits. But it is worth it. Cracking car.

#6 ·
Couldn't you take delivery and have the tow bar fitted later..?
I agree re torque of a Diesel engine , plus the much better mpg...however, sadly, diesels are currently treated like the plague, soon to be banned from city centres etc ( I know, I think it is ridiculous nonsense..by running a petrol engine, you burn 50%more fuel etc......!..could that mean more tax for the Exchequer..!..)..however the Greens seem to be winning..!...
If you bought it on PCP did it affect your residual payment..?

#7 ·
Bit awkward at present trying to juggle changing insurance and tax for 3 vehicles at end of month and have mother in hospital so I didn't want to be making any more trips to the dealer than necessary. Can't believe that the dealer has had 2 months to get the towbar in ready though!
Luckily I don't live any where near a city and never drive in one willingly.
Cash purchase so no finance worries.

#8 ·
Towbar now due 13th of December - what a farce! They had better give it to me for free after this debacle. Also can't insure it as every ins co checks the registration no with dvla and guess what .... it is not showing on their database. This dealer could do with a kick up the rear end.

#12 ·
I am - next week, I have persuaded 2 years free servicing out of them plus they will come and pick up the car and leave a courtesy car if and when the towbars have been made from that rare material unobtainium.
It will be close on 5 months since ordering to date of a towbar possibly arriving, p up in a brewery springs to mind.

#14 ·
Useless dealer - hasn't registered it until today despite many requests to do so over the last few weeks, result being that I cannot get insurance quotes and insurance until it appears on the DVLA database. I have never dealt with such obstructive people in my life. What happened to the good old adage " the customer is always right "? They expect me to go to the dealership without insurance arranged presumably to get me to sign up for their own extremely pricey insurance.
I have had to threaten them with withdrawing from the purchase if they didn't sort it by yesterday - they have finally registered it today, presumably they didn't like the thought of having to repay a big wadge of cash!
I will name and shame them once I finally get my hands on the car - I certainly will not use them for servicing if I can help it.

#15 ·
I was given the option of 7 days free insurance. Have to say my dealer was excellent and completely organised the personal plate transfer too.

#16 ·
I used the 7day cover , other than 10mins on the phone it was ok. Had a day of no cover between change of car. Had no trouble sorting insurance a few days before collection. Your dealer does sound unhelpful

#19 ·
Absolutely useless. Please name them in due course. My dealer didn't register mine until I got there just in case I changed my mind, but it was all done quickly on line. Having got the registration details in advance I insured the car with VW the day before for 7 days but arranged my insurance the next day.

#20 ·
It isn't as though I am likely to change my mind - they have the money as I was due to pick it up long ago but have been put off as they didn't order the towbar at time of ordering the car. I haven't been able to insure it anywhere including with VW due to the non-registration!
To cap it all when they informed me that they had registered it this afternoon the document was half taken up with warnings about having to have insurance before I drive it - that was the final straw as that was really rubbing salt into open wounds.

#23 ·
Nice colour&#x1f44d-1f3fc; You did have a wait. Still time to enjoy 😎

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.