Anyone unhappy with supersensitive stop/start?

All Volkswagen T-Cross related discussions
Digitalracer

Anyone unhappy with supersensitive stop/start?

Post by Digitalracer » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:33 am

With my DSG, the slightest release of pressure on the brake pedal and the engine fires up again, so annoying having to stand on the pedal constantly. Whereas my partner's Volvo the engine doesn't restart til you touch the accelerator, so much better. Is there any reconfiguration?
SEL DSG Energetic orange, keyless entry, folding mirrors, auto headlights, chrome strip on boot, spacesaver and 17" Clayton alloys. Ordered 25th July, expected delivery 30th September :cry:

YO62Tcross

Re: Anyone unhappy with supersensitive stop/start?

Post by YO62Tcross » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:41 am

Unfortunately it’s a standard time / feature on all VAG cars. I had an Audi A3 DSG and it was the same and no adjustments are possible.
Reef Blue - R Line -115psi Manual - Rear Cam
Ordered 3rd August
Build week 12th August
Arrived at dealership 20th Sept
Pickup 25th Sept

Digitalracer

Post by Digitalracer » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:23 pm

YO62Tcross wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:41 am
Unfortunately it’s a standard time / feature on all VAG cars. I had an Audi A3 DSG and it was the same and no adjustments are possible.
😭😭
SEL DSG Energetic orange, keyless entry, folding mirrors, auto headlights, chrome strip on boot, spacesaver and 17" Clayton alloys. Ordered 25th July, expected delivery 30th September :cry:

spc369

Post by spc369 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:21 pm

Tbh, i dont mind it. Id previous said how i felt my dsg jump on the odd pull away. Bit of figuring out sometimes you an take foot off brake and pull away to fast it will jump. So now when i see opposite lights change i just move the steering wheel a tad to start. By time im ready to go its much smoother. Just adjusting to it

But yes sometimes it cuts out and id rather it not.
115 SE DSG Urano Grey
Active info display - Electrically folding mirrors - Reverse camera
Beats soundpack - keyless / push start - Space saver spare - Paddles!

Ordered 29/6/19 — Collected 15/10/19

Digitalracer

Post by Digitalracer » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:43 pm

It's just that it needs such a hard press constantly, the slightest ease off and it starts up again which defeats the object. Not easy when you have Rheumatoid Arthritis which is why I chose DSG. It would have been so much better if it stayed switched off until you touch the accelerator as in the Volvo. This is my first experience of stop/start.

Halin9

Post by Halin9 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:37 pm

I just switch the stop/start off with the switch on the dash each time I set off... Personally, I think it is much over rated , causes more wear to the starting components, and probably causes more emissions on start up than saved by ticking over..!...just my view..!