Disable start-stop.

All Volkswagen T-Cross related discussions
ErnstVo

Re: Disable start-stop.

Post by ErnstVo » Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:48 pm

I found this faction very annoying, my vehicle cut out when I approached a stop street or wait to turn at a traffic light. Some times I need to take the gap quickly, but as I approach the traffic light and creep forward to turn, waiting for the gap, he just cut out... opportunity lost. I would suggest to VW to change the system to be OFF and you just switch it on when needed. I have a lot of stop streets in my suburb and this does not help. Should be off and I will switsh it on when needed.

IWRA

Post by IWRA » Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:58 pm

Complain to VW and the dealer and anyone else in the motoring press who will listen in order to get it resolved/changed
2019 T-Cross First Edition

robby71

Post by robby71 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:01 pm

Kufatec sell a dongle with a program installed for this - https://www.kufatec.com/en/coding-diagn ... audi-40019
R-Line 115 manual in white

BarryMac

Post by BarryMac » Wed Nov 04, 2020 2:49 am

robby71 wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:01 pm
Kufatec sell a dongle with a program installed for this - https://www.kufatec.com/en/coding-diagn ... audi-40019
Better getting an OBDeleven or similar where you can do this plus a ton of other stuff. It should be noted though that on all methods, kufatec included the way the start stop system is overridden is a bit of a cheat as all it does is change the value of the acceptable battery voltage when the start stop should operate at.
2020 Reef Blue T-Cross R-Line Manual

Halin9

Post by Halin9 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:34 am

Switching off stop/start seems to be a temporary solution.

AussieJohn

Post by AussieJohn » Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:26 am

Discussion of this issue is getting nowhere; if you disable the stop start, I imagine that in some way you are potentially voiding warranty. Tampering with the system may well lead to knock on problems in the electrical system including the battery. We all knew when you purchase a modern vehicle that it has this feature as standard. It's no more of a chore to hit the off button than to push in a choke button that we used to do in days gone by. Many of us have driven vehicles that were unreliable or had failings that needed a particular driving style. We enjoy the ultimate in safety and convenience yet focus on trivia like hitting a button. I left mine turned on the other day, and honestly it wasn't a problem. Example-waiting at traffic lights I anticipated a green light and slightly eased pressure on the brake pedal. Lo and behold the engine started without the car moving. A twitch on the steering wheel does the same. No drama in the middle of a turn or waiting to turn across traffic. If you can drive your vehicle sympathetically and are aware of it's various features, it's not an issue. Cheers

fiex

Post by fiex » Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:26 am

ErnstVo wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:48 pm
Should be off and I will switsh it on when needed.
It has to do with regulations that it resets every time the car starts. That's why it can't be permanently switched off. Same goes for lane keeping assist and ESP.