Derogation Status - Anyone know what it is ??

All Volkswagen T-Cross related discussions
Drw

Re: Derogation Status - Anyone know what it is ??

Post by Drw » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:17 am

Digging further, it seems that the T Cross is currently going through the tests for the new system, only cars certified under the new standard can be registered after 1st September.

That will definitely lead to cars already built being discounted and pre registered in August. However it may well lead to a delay in production like last year for registrations from September onwards. As usual VW UK say talk to the dealer and mine is on holiday until next week !
T Cross SEL DSG Champagne Silver
Active Info, Folding Mirrors, Park Assist, Rear View Camera, Spare Wheel
Ordered 15/4/19; Stage 3 - 30/7/19 Build Week 36
Stage 5a 10/9/19 ; Stage 6 2/10/19; Collected 14/10/19

enchantica

Post by enchantica » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:58 pm

Drw wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:17 am
Digging further, it seems that the T Cross is currently going through the tests for the new system, only cars certified under the new standard can be registered after 1st September.

That will definitely lead to cars already built being discounted and pre registered in August. However it may well lead to a delay in production like last year for registrations from September onwards. As usual VW UK say talk to the dealer and mine is on holiday until next week !
Let me know how you get on as I am still waiting to get the 5b and further notifications before I go any further. God knows what would happen if the car is not actually with the dealer before the 16th August!! Would be interested to know what I could expect the dealer to do if they had to pre-register the car or what discount they might offer to shift the car!!!

enchantica

Post by enchantica » Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:05 pm

greycross wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:53 pm
Following on from my post about taking the car before September or waiting for the 69 plate on 1st Sept:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=127

I had an very interesting conversation with my dealer today.

He says that my car has to be registered before the 16th August based on the information the dealer supplied below..

So, waiting for the 69 plate is not an option if the car was built in June/July like mine !!

Doesn't make much sense, anyone know what it is all about ?
Greycross

How are you getting on with your dealer?

greycross

Post by greycross » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:44 pm

No luck I am afraid, no way will they let me register my car with the new 69 plate in Sept.

I am taking delivery of my car on 1st August.

They assure me that there is only a couple of hundred quid difference in the GFV, so I did manage to get them to knock that off !!

Still don't understand the whole "Derogation" thing, the dealer said it was some kind of exemption to the new rules, but cars built in the last 3 months before the new regulations can not be part of that exception !!
T-Cross SEL 1.0 TSI 6-speed Manual Limestone Grey
Usual SEL kit plus, Active Info, Keyless, Rear Camera, Folding Mirrors & F/R Mud Flaps
Ordered 25th April 2019
Confirmed Build Week 10th June
Car at Dealers 15th July
Car Collected 1st August 2019

Drw

Post by Drw » Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:36 pm

greycross wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:44 pm

Still don't understand the whole "Derogation" thing, the dealer said it was some kind of exemption to the new rules, but cars built in the last 3 months before the new regulations can not be part of that exception !!
That is exactly right, it is aimed at a small percentage of old stock that can be exempt from the new rules (often old models), however it cannot be recent stock.

Each T Cross will have a category as shown in your first post, it is important to check with the dealer.

My dealer has assured me that my planned mid August build is RDE 1 compliant, however I suspect that it is closer to the end of August as I am still at stage 2.

TR7_Driver

Post by TR7_Driver » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:01 pm

As the T-Cross is a new model, you would have thought VW would have ensured that all cars are RDE1 compliant from the start of production, wonder what has been changed in the manufacturing process in last couple of months, or was it that the early cars to roll of the production line were not tested to RDE1.
Currently considering options.

enchantica

Post by enchantica » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:18 pm

greycross wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:44 pm
No luck I am afraid, no way will they let me register my car with the new 69 plate in Sept.

I am taking delivery of my car on 1st August.

They assure me that there is only a couple of hundred quid difference in the GFV, so I did manage to get them to knock that off !!

I was offered £500 towards the purchase of the car and the dealer implied this was from VW to take delivery of the car before the 16th August. I assumed this was to all those buyers effected by this.

I am still waiting to hear that mine has arrived at the dealers after getting the notification that it has arrived in the UK on Saturday gone.

Drw

Post by Drw » Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:40 pm

VW are really having problems (again) this year, looking at the original table on the first post:-

The June / July production cars having to be registered in August annoyed a number on this forum as they were not told that when ordering:-

The old cars (ie May production and older) that were within the quota for Derogation and should have been capable of being registered in September are not being ! Looking at the VW Twitter feed there are a few complaints from people that thought they were getting a new car tomorrow complaining that they could not be registered as VW have not had the Derogation paperwork agreed in the UK and there could be delays of a couple of weeks or so !

I just hope that the paperwork for MY2020 cars are in order - It look like they are and there are European Type approvals being quoted, however it will be interesting what the experience of the first MY2020 t Cross being registered is- especially Petrol DSG which is my interest,