Thoughts on the T-Cross?

All Volkswagen T-Cross related discussions
joe77

Thoughts on the T-Cross?

Post by joe77 » Wed May 08, 2019 7:22 am

Hello everyone,

I'm a VW employee and I really dislike the direction the cars are going. I'm glad they're selling, but I hate the amount of blending into the norm that is being done to do it. I can't imagine what I'll be driving in 5 years, there isn't much out now I would want, all the things I like about the brand are dying off.

The T-roc and T-Cross, Atlas, LWB Tiguan all look really good, compared to competition, but I feel they're terrible compromises and they're useless to me. I believe it will sell, but I don't have any interest in yet another inconvenient minivan of an SUV.

Thank you!

katydaly

Re: Thoughts on the T-Cross?

Post by katydaly » Sat May 11, 2019 4:23 pm

joe77 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 7:22 am
Hello everyone,

I'm a VW employee and I really dislike the direction the cars are going. I'm glad they're selling, but I hate the amount of blending into the norm that is being done to do it. I can't imagine what I'll be driving in 5 years, there isn't much out now I would want, all the things I like about the brand are dying off.

The T-roc and T-Cross, Atlas, LWB Tiguan all look really good, compared to competition, but I feel they're terrible compromises and they're useless to me. I believe it will sell, but I don't have any interest in yet another inconvenient minivan of an SUV.

Thank you!
I’m not sure what the purpose of your post is?
R-line,white + winter pack, park assist, beats.
- Ordered: 23.04.19
- build week 23 (03.06.19)
- stage 5 (in transit) on 02.06.19
-stage 6 on 23.06.19 (arrived in the U.K.)
-app stage 7 27.06.19 (though was at dealer from 25th).
- collected 28.06.19

JAMCT

Post by JAMCT » Mon May 13, 2019 10:37 am

joe77 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 7:22 am
Hello everyone,

Thank you!
One of the most convenient features of a SUV is its higher seating position. My wife, with back problems, found it very difficult and painful to get out of a typical hatchback so we changed from a Mazda3 to a T-Roc SUV [T-Cross boot too small for her wheelchair]. She is now able to turn and swing her legs out and egress without having to push up. Problem solved :P

So......... SUVs are a perfect choice for anyone with similar issues especially for the mature driver.
T-Roc 1.5 TSI Evo 150ps Design,
Ravenna Blue, Black Roof/Door Mirrors, Silver Roof rails
Ravenna Blue dashpad
LED Headlights/Running Lights
RearView Camera
Park Assist
Electric Tailgate
17" Mayfield Black Alloys

annemanike

Post by annemanike » Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:33 am

I have T-Cross. It is my perfect mini SUV. Loved it so much.

Digitalracer

Post by Digitalracer » Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:39 am

Best small SUV I found having looked at several. It had the most appealing appearance inside and out, perfect size inside and out and a pleasure to drive and access or exit. Very happy with mine. Only small gripe is would have preferred more touch friendly material on the door trim and SEL spec should have had folding mirrors as standard. But very glad I bought it.
SEL DSG Energetic orange, keyless entry, folding mirrors, auto headlights, chrome strip on boot, spacesaver, Park assist and 17" Clayton alloys. Ordered 25th July, expected delivery 30th September. Collection mid October.

Jonblue

Post by Jonblue » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:40 am

Last September I was poised to buy a Suzuki Vitara SZ5 but there was a halt in production for some reason. It had everything I wanted on it including 4 wheel drive and I test drove a used model with 18k miles on the clock. I had been reading all about the T Cross and had a chance to drive an ex demo model a day after the Vitara which (the Vitara) I really liked. It was a very difficult decision and strangely I was slightly more comfortable in the Vitara underneath thighs. The Vitara's display looked old compared to the T Cross whose height was similar so easier for my wife to get in and out and the Vitara had a 1500 engine. The Vitara's reliability over many years was first class whilst the The T Cross was untested. The T Cross was the better looking vehicle so the whole thing was finely balanced. I put the question to the Honest John column and they came down in favour (just) of the T Cross from a handling perspective and overall a more updated model plus the punchy engine. Most of my driving is local so 4 wheel drive was unnecessary. So I plumped for the T Cross as the ex demo was still for sale. The seat caused me problems being somewhat short legged for a month or so but I found a suitable cushion to relieve pressure on thighs which was a problem on longer drives. I remain happy with the T Cross.

R line DSG 115 in Makena Turquoise
Electric mirrors
Sound Beats system,
Active Info display
Rear camera

IWRA

Post by IWRA » Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:17 pm

I did a lot of research before buying mine. I traded in a Mazda CX3 which was similar in size but had a small boot. I'm very happy apart from a couple of minor niggles. Given the choice again I would go for the DSG and add a rear camera.
2019 T-Cross First Edition