All Volkswagen T-Cross related discussions
fiex

Re: KESSY Keyless System

Post by fiex » Sun May 31, 2020 4:50 pm

greycross wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:20 pm
TR7_Driver wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:52 am
I did ask the sales person if the KESSY on the T-Cross came with the latest mention sensor to improve security, he assured me it did
I was talking about this to a guy today who knows his RF Electronics..

He says it will be easy to test using spectrum anylser kit that he has.

Apparently any RF transmission will be easy to find, and we will be able to see if the key fob transmits all the time or only transmits for a period after it has moved.

When I get my car we will do these tests and I will let you all know..
Have you managed to test this out?

Tricky2

Post by Tricky2 » Sun May 31, 2020 10:49 pm

I tested this out and no they don't disable when left motionless, at least ours didn't.

I used a low tech test, I've a very private out of the way drive, so I left the keys on a caravan step beside the car and came back 20 mins or so later and without touching the keys I could still open the car.
R-line 115 DSG in energetic orange with reversing camera and keyless

I have Tiguan 2015 177ps 4motion DSG

Digitalracer

Post by Digitalracer » Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:17 pm

Haven't used my car for a few days, tried to open and it didn't, so had to use the keyfob. The keys hadn't moved for a few days so perhaps Kessy is up and running.
SEL DSG Energetic orange, keyless entry, folding mirrors, auto headlights, chrome strip on boot, spacesaver, Park assist and 17" Clayton alloys. Ordered 25th July, expected delivery 30th September. Collection mid October.

Tricky2

Post by Tricky2 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:21 pm

Tricky2 wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 10:49 pm
I tested this out and no they don't disable when left motionless, at least ours didn't.

I used a low tech test, I've a very private out of the way drive, so I left the keys on a caravan step beside the car and came back 20 mins or so later and without touching the keys I could still open the car.
Ok, having read on the T-Roc forum about MY21 changes reducing the inactivity time I decided to check this as I may not have given it enough time.

So, I laid the keys on a caravan step close to the drivers door and tested that they were detected where they were by locking and unlocking the car.

Then I left them and went off to lunch, 20 or so minutes. When I came back the car would not open for me with the keys still in the same place. After picking up the keys the car then opened again.

So my conclusion is the T-Cross kessy DOES have the keys switching off when they've not moved, from the note on T-Roc changes this may currently be 15 minutes.

Capture.JPG

fiex

Post by fiex » Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:58 pm

Tricky2 wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:21 pm
Tricky2 wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 10:49 pm

Ok, having read on the T-Roc forum about MY21 changes reducing the inactivity time I decided to check this as I may not have given it enough time.

So, I laid the keys on a caravan step close to the drivers door and tested that they were detected where they were by locking and unlocking the car.

Then I left them and went off to lunch, 20 or so minutes. When I came back the car would not open for me with the keys still in the same place. After picking up the keys the car then opened again.

So my conclusion is the T-Cross kessy DOES have the keys switching off when they've not moved, from the note on T-Roc changes this may currently be 15 minutes.

Capture.JPG
Thx for checking again!

Digitalracer

Post by Digitalracer » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:38 pm

And thanks from me too for the verification, it had been a grey area with no definitive answer 👍
SEL DSG Energetic orange, keyless entry, folding mirrors, auto headlights, chrome strip on boot, spacesaver, Park assist and 17" Clayton alloys. Ordered 25th July, expected delivery 30th September. Collection mid October.

icebun

Post by icebun » Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:40 am

My other half just picked up her 1.0 TSI SEL with KESSY today from factory.

Is she likely to have the modern version mentioned where the key will go to sleep after a period of inactivity?

For the spare, thinking of taking the battery out but am worried this might interfere the with sync if there is such a thing.

Any advice would be great.
VW T-Cross 1.0 TSI SEL DSG
Keyless Entry
Electric foldable mirrors
Beats Soundpack
Winter Pack

Tricky2

Post by Tricky2 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:30 pm

Is her car new or 'pre loved', if new definitely. I'm not sure if the cross has always had it as it's not been out very long so released since the newer keys came in the scene.

I wouldn't remove the battery, you'd have to resync the key afterwards, and long term I'm not sure if it would forget the ignition transducer. If it doesn't have the 'sleep' function you can always keep it in a shielded tin or faraday bag.