STILL IN TRANSIT

All Volkswagen T-Cross related discussions
MikeB

STILL IN TRANSIT

Post by MikeB » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:36 pm

On the 19th September I received update via the VW app that my car had at last been built - :D - and was now in transit.
Three weeks later, fed up with waiting for notification it had arrived in the UK, I decided today to contact VW customer services. Only to be told..... sorry, but it's still in Spain :( :(
Apparently the car should have been loaded on a vehicle carrier ship called the Paglia on 6th October, but for some reason it wasn't :(
It takes 15 days for the Paglia to do a round trip from Santander via Setubal to Emden to Santander. So VW customer services have suggested I call them on 21st October when they should be able to confirm that my car has now been loaded onto the Paglia. It takes 10 days for the Paglia to arrive in Emden from Santander. Which means my car will arrive in Germany on 'Brexit Day' 31st October ...... then what??? Delivery sometime in November if I'm lucky :(

Has anyone else had similar problems with delivery, or is it just me? :(
T-Cross R-Line 1.0L DSG
Limestone Grey
Rear View Camera, Electric Folding Mirrors, Park Assist, Spare Wheel
Re-ordered 16/10/19

SimonF

Re: STILL IN TRANSIT

Post by SimonF » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:14 pm

Mine arrived in the UK a week ago. Should hear from the dealer soon about delivery to them and collection. Hoping it will be in the next week or so.

Bummer that yours was left behind. Hopefully it will be worth the wait.

Shelleden1

Post by Shelleden1 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:50 pm

Hi I was notified on 23/09/19 that mine was in transit but neither the dealer or the (useless) app can tell me where my car is.
Hopefully we will get them soon!
R Line 6 Speed manual
Limestone Grey
115 psi
Ordered 18/08/19

Digitalracer

Post by Digitalracer » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:57 am

MikeB wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:36 pm
On the 19th September I received update via the VW app that my car had at last been built - :D - and was now in transit.
Three weeks later, fed up with waiting for notification it had arrived in the UK, I decided today to contact VW customer services. Only to be told..... sorry, but it's still in Spain :( :(
Apparently the car should have been loaded on a vehicle carrier ship called the Paglia on 6th October, but for some reason it wasn't :(
It takes 15 days for the Paglia to do a round trip from Santander via Setubal to Emden to Santander. So VW customer services have suggested I call them on 21st October when they should be able to confirm that my car has now been loaded onto the Paglia. It takes 10 days for the Paglia to arrive in Emden from Santander. Which means my car will arrive in Germany on 'Brexit Day' 31st October ...... then what??? Delivery sometime in November if I'm lucky :(

Has anyone else had similar problems with delivery, or is it just me? :(
I got the In Transit message 20 days ago then........ nothing!!
Ringing dealer today :oops: :evil:
SEL DSG Energetic orange, keyless entry, folding mirrors, auto headlights, chrome strip on boot, spacesaver and 17" Clayton alloys. Ordered 25th July, expected delivery 30th September :cry:

Drw

Post by Drw » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:48 am

VW use more than one ship from Santander, it is worth chasing VW and/or your dealer regularly for updates. Another ship regularly used is the Patara which also called at Santander a week ago.

The routing is also not obvious, my car (week 36 production) was put on the Patara on the 16th September and then offloaded in Setubal and then put on another ship to Sheerness even though the Patara was routed to Emden and then Sheerness.

Note that ships also change depending on which UK Port is the final destination.

Keep Hassling VW !
Last edited by Drw on Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
T Cross SEL DSG Champagne Silver
Active Info, Folding Mirrors, Park Assist, Rear View Camera, Spare Wheel
Ordered 15/4/19; Stage 3 - 30/7/19 Build Week 36
Stage 5a 10/9/19 ; Stage 6 2/10/19; Collected 14/10/19

Digitalracer

Post by Digitalracer » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:48 am

Rang dealer,salesman` s day off,grrrr!! :roll: Other salesman in meeting!!! :roll: Awaiting call back so will update when possible.
SEL DSG Energetic orange, keyless entry, folding mirrors, auto headlights, chrome strip on boot, spacesaver and 17" Clayton alloys. Ordered 25th July, expected delivery 30th September :cry:

Digitalracer

Post by Digitalracer » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:52 am

Checked tracking site and that` s still down too!!!

Digitalracer

Post by Digitalracer » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:34 am

Helpful manager rang back and said yes, tracking site down, but would try a different system and ring me back this afternoon. He's hopeful it would arrive in the next few days. Hope that's not too good to be true. :shock:

Digitalracer

Post by Digitalracer » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:19 pm

Just heard from helpful Sales Manager, my car went on Paglia 15 mins ago(been sitting in Portugal about 20 days 😢). He thinks I could be sitting in car at the end of the month. Fingers x'd

spc369

Post by spc369 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:20 pm

Wow thats bit of a journey! 20days waiting for a boat in portugal is bad planning id say. At least you got some solid news. Hopefully progresses fast for you now.
115 SE DSG Urano Grey
Active info display - Electrically folding mirrors - Reverse camera
Beats soundpack - keyless / stop start - Space saver spare

Ordered 29/6/19 — Collected 15/10/19