Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner

VW survey

5K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  DrSaG 
#1 ·
Have you received any survey from VW regarding your purchase?
I received mine yesterday and completed it in a few minutes. As you have probably seen in my previous posts I had some issues with my dealer so the "sky" had very few "stars" in the survey :lol:

What I found really unprofessional was that today the seller from the VW dealer that I did business with, sent me an email in a very rude way and complained about the 1 star I gave him about lacking information.

The survey was submitted anonymously to the 3rd party company (that of course sent the results to VW).
What I'm curious about is if it is legal to contact me and complain about a survey I sent as an anonymous user. Anyone knows?

I'm willing to push this to the limits so time to hit the gym and be prepared for the "fight" :lol:

#2 ·
It is a frustrating part of car sales that unless we give top marks the dealer loses money. Car manufacturers do not use surveys to learn and improve, they use them as a stick.

As far as legality, I am sure that is covered by the terms as you click through.

#3 ·
The sad part is that I was so excited when I placed the order of my T-Cross 4 months ago and now they killed all the fun. This purchase did cost me more than money at the end.

#5 ·
When they ask twice at the end of the survey if you want to stay anonymous, then they have to respect it. Of course the dealer understood that it was me who completed the survey since it was the latest T-Cross sold.

What I want now to know is if his action was illegal because I'm planning to go after the seller.

#6 ·
Hmm.
Not sure what you hope to achieve?
Id let it go, move on and dont deal with them again. Lifes way too short.

As you say, its kinda obvious who filled in the form, so there probably wasnt any data protection breach.
Im pretty sure the anonymity aspect of the survey is for VW Uk not to use your name if they quoted your comments in any advertising etc..,,

Id be satisfied with the fact that I had hacked the dealer off and they knew it was me!

#8 ·
Well it was a long discussion when I went to the dealer..I decided to follow the advice of Kugaman and let it go but still got many good gifts in return from them so i call it worth for now :)

#9 ·
Sounds like a winner&#x1f44d-1f3fb;.
Like I say, Id be satisfied enough that they knew it was me and I wasn't happy.

I once gave bad feedback to BMW Teeside. I never even bought a car from them! I tried to buy a BMW X2 M35i but the salesman was obnoxious, arrogant and spoke down to me (I can assure you I have ten times the car knowledge he had) .....so I complained about his attitude and the fact they had just lost the sale of a £40,000+ car because of him.

I then got a call from the Dealer principle with an apology. Told him it was too late....if they were like that before a sale, what chance would I have with aftersales once they had my money!

Finally got a call from the Salesman who was obviously seething that he had been forced to apologise......I took great delight in stringing him along and then telling him Id buy elsewhere.....I really despise some car salesmen.......so slimy and lie through their back teeth.

Its literally 50/50 as to wether you get a decent salesman when you walk into most dealers nowadays....

#10 ·
What the seller told me is that every time someone gives them 1 star they lose 20% of their monthly payment as a "punishment". That's also one of the reasons I didn't want to push it more. It seems DRW was right about VW using the surveys as a "stick"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.