Wireless Charging

All Volkswagen T-Cross related discussions
aiordanous

Wireless Charging

Post by aiordanous » Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:51 am

Hello, just picked up my new t cross today but it came without wireless charging. I was wondering if its easy to install and what was the cost if somebody else installed it.

DrSaG

Re: Wireless Charging

Post by DrSaG » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:58 am

A retrofit installation by the workshop will cost you a lot. Don't know the exact price.

Doing it yourself is not easy and I doubt you can enable the wireless charging SW in the node yet. Besides the hardware installation you need the SW as well. From my experience with Volvo, the wireless charging SW is an extra file that is installed in the Head Unit of the Infotainment system, not a car config parameter that you just enable. So if you don't have the SW file, the HW will be useless
1.0 GT DSG 115hp in White :D
Parking sensors front and back
App connect
Active info display
Radio composition media
Electric heated and foldable mirrors

aiordanous

Post by aiordanous » Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:19 pm

DrSaG wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:58 am
A retrofit installation by the workshop will cost you a lot. Don't know the exact price.

Doing it yourself is not easy and I doubt you can enable the wireless charging SW in the node yet. Besides the hardware installation you need the SW as well. From my experience with Volvo, the wireless charging SW is an extra file that is installed in the Head Unit of the Infotainment system, not a car config parameter that you just enable. So if you don't have the SW file, the HW will be useless

Thank you for the reply.!!!much appreciated

GeoBog

Post by GeoBog » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:53 am

Just FYI if you haven't ordered the wireless charging option from factory (£100+ option), I have managed to install an aftermarket solution, it's very easy to Diy and costs around £30.

Installation is pretty simple and it takes 15 minutes, you just have to install the charging plate first into the storage tray in the centre console. To install just lift the rubber tray which covers the hole where the charger plate needs to go. Take out the plastic blanking cover trim to reveal the "hole" then just clip the pad in place feeding the connector wire through and install the rubber cover back into the storage tray. The pad is a perfect fit and replaces the blanking cover precisely.

The pad is powered from the connector that powers the 12V socket, the harness that comes with the charger has an adaptor which plugs into the OEM connector, no wires need cutting or changing. The pad also comes with a 3A fuse wired into the harness adaptor provided.

To connect the supplied wires unclip the side plastic trim panel near the driver's seat, it's held in place by a T25 screw under the dash and a few plastic tabs near the seat. You can then access the 12V socket connector, just unplug it and connect it to the supplied harness then connect the other end to the 12V socket and the small connector to the wire that comes from the charging pad and that's it. Install the plastic panel back, screw the T25 back and then switch on ignition/start engine and place your phone inside the console hole and voila: you have wireless charging.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3303713 ... 4c4dyv5dZD

AEEB83F7-68A2-4821-8472-D16F512A4F17.jpeg

91D07AC4-6125-4BC5-A103-9D690000D40A.jpeg

8EBAEFCE-FDDC-42A5-85F2-34474E831939.jpeg

081DA853-D6E1-43DC-94DB-CDB8BD81E083.jpeg

2020 VW T-Cross SEL
2019 Renault Megane RS Trophy 300
2012 Fiat 500 Twinair
2007 Renault Megane 2
------------------------------------------
The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.