Space Saver Wheel for SE

All Volkswagen T-Cross related discussions
Jimbob68

Re: Space Saver Wheel for SE

Post by Jimbob68 » Fri May 15, 2020 10:11 am

Just bought space saver spare off ebay for 50 pounds inc,.jack wheel brace etc.Fits perfectly in rline boot even with beats woofer in there.

Digitalracer

Post by Digitalracer » Fri May 15, 2020 2:21 pm

When I bought my previous car it only had a repair kit (and that's "only got a 3yr lifespan). The dealer said" How often do you get a puncture these days? ". Well I went on to have 3,all too big for sealant!! And the first two were late evening, and the worst a blowout on the to the airport for holiday!! Needless to say this time I ordered a spare!!
SEL DSG Energetic orange, keyless entry, folding mirrors, auto headlights, chrome strip on boot, spacesaver, Park assist and 17" Clayton alloys. Ordered 25th July, expected delivery 30th September. Collection mid October.

Topcat

Post by Topcat » Fri May 15, 2020 8:05 pm

I got all the kit from my dealer Rim tyre jack etc see my earlier post on the subject hope it helps
Black T Cross R Line DSG
Winter Pack, Running Boards, Reversing Camera, Spare Wheel, Electric Folding Wing Mirrors
Ex Demonstrator.

icebun

Post by icebun » Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:49 am

Jimbob68 wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 10:11 am
Just bought space saver spare off ebay for 50 pounds inc,.jack wheel brace etc.Fits perfectly in rline boot even with beats woofer in there.
I am thinking of doing the same.

Looking at the wheel well, I can see the "foam box" which houses the repair kit.

Is the spare wheel kit quite easy to install as all I can see the the original large wheel bracing nut and spine in the middle that will need undoing.

By the way, does anyone know what the VW official part code is for the kit?
VW T-Cross 1.0 TSI SEL DSG
Keyless Entry
Electric foldable mirrors
Beats Soundpack
Winter Pack