Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner

Rear lights do not have the three leds on side

10K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  ChrisM 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

I received my T-Cross yesterday. Totally happy with it.
However I noticed that my rear lights do not have the three leds on side of the light unit.
In stead of that it seems like it is covered with a chrome looking 'thing'.

Can anyone confirm if this is normal?

This is what I thought it should be
Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Automotive tail & brake light Land vehicle Vehicle

This is what my T-Cross looks like:
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Automotive side marker light Vehicle Tire

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Just had a look at some pics of my SEL, it certainly has the three LED looking slots.

Whether they illuminate though, that is another question, I will check next time I go out in the dark.

Attachments

#6 ·
It might be, that in some countries, you are not allowed to have side lights, I don't have them also, only three chrome rectangles in place where leds should be.
The side leds show on VW marketing videos, so was bit disappointed that mine didn't come with them.

-eelis-

#7 ·
greycross said:
Just had a look at some pics of my SEL, it certainly has the three LED looking slots.

Whether they illuminate though, that is another question, I will check next time I go out in the dark.
Looked in the dark and they do illuminate..

Attachments

#12 ·
Hi guys,

I received my T-Cross yesterday. Totally happy with it.
However I noticed that my rear lights do not have the three leds on side of the light unit.
In stead of that it seems like it is covered with a chrome looking 'thing'.

Can anyone confirm if this is normal?

This is what I thought it should be
View attachment 513

This is what my T-Cross looks like:
View attachment 514
Dear friend,
I have the same problem. Can you help me. I have T-Cross Life. Best regards
Pero

#13 ·
Dear friend,
I have the same problem. Can you help me. I have T-Cross Life. Best regards
Pero
With the shortage of components many items are being downgraded so the cars can be completed and supplied to waiting customers. To be honest it is why I haven’t ordered my new car, and won’t be, until the manufacturer can guarantee it will be suppled as originally specced and ordered.

#14 ·
Collected a 2019 used T-Cross SE on 1 February and it doesn't have the "side marker" LEDs on the rear lights, nor does the front passenger seat fold down flat to give a huge interior load length for those trips to DIY stores when you need to carry long lengths of wood. Highly disappointing, but not a reason to complain to the dealer or VW UK. There are a few choice extras on my car to make up for these losses. It would however be interesting to know of the side marker LEDs can be retro-fitted or activated. I'm very surprised in VW actually have two different rear lamp clusters for each side of the vehicle, base on trim level

#15 ·
This has been covered here before. Only the SEL and R-Line trims got the illuminated 3 dots on the side (I think it was dependent on if you had front LED headlights). The UK cars do not get the front passenger folding seat, only the left hand drive cars got it.

#17 ·
On my new T cross life there are no position lights on the rear lights like three dashes on the side.
Is there a possibility and what would be the price of the intervention so that I could have the rear position lights on my new Tcross Life on the rear lights like on the Tcross Style

Attachments

#18 ·
I would guess it's just replace the light assemblies left and right. They're probably built in to the higher level assembly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.