Bought a T Cross

All Volkswagen T-Cross related discussions
Ffiscool

Bought a T Cross

Post by Ffiscool » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:55 am

Hi all

I drive one yesterday. Going back tmrw for longer drive.

I did not realise that the handbrake is slightly over to the left. It may sound crazy, but has that bothered anyone? I have narrowed my choice to the T Cross based on lots of things, including the lumbar support and wheel seat adjustment rather than a ratchet. I do have issues at times with my neck, when it’s fine, I can do anything, sit however. If something bothers it, loads of things then bother it.

Grateful for any thoughts.

Am I right in thinking too that the reverse parking camera is an extra on all trims?
Last edited by Ffiscool on Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
T Cross SEL DSG - Limestone Grey
Space saver tyre

Tricky2

Re: Hello, thinking of buying T Cross

Post by Tricky2 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:23 pm

Ffiscool, welcome (potentially) to the T-Cross family.

Yes the handbrake is on the "wrong" side. This isn't too difficult, it doesn't need excessive force to apply, but the passenger removing their seatbelt does get in the way.

Yes you're right that rear view camera is optional across the range, we have an R-Line and had to find one with the camera as this was a must have.

Very impressed after 2 months with performance of a 999cc 3 pot, and economy (did a very fast run Wales to Berkshire at the weekend and achieved 46.1 mpg)

Note it has a tyre repair kit not a spare tyre and jack, see my other post today.
R-line 115 DSG in energetic orange with reversing camera and keyless

I have Tiguan 2015 177ps 4motion DSG

Ffiscool

Post by Ffiscool » Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:57 pm

Ah thank you.

Yes, I saw that so will add it on. Crazy though re the camera. I love the orange, am seriously thinking about it

Glad your pleased with the 999 as I was thinking did I need the higher one
Space saver tyre

CrossyT

Post by CrossyT » Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:29 pm

I love my TCross SEL, with winter pack, rear view camera and full spare wheel. The only thing I missed adding was the folding wing mirrors, I thought they were already added. No problem though.
I didn’t realise the hand brake was anything but in the usual situation. Previously I had a little flip handbrake and hated it.
Twice a month I do a 600 mile round trip and it’s a great car, the engine copes very well, in fact on the motorway it’s easy to go over 70mph without noticing.
I’ve only seen 3 others on the road, all on the M6 near Carlisle.

Ffiscool

Post by Ffiscool » Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:55 pm

thank you.

one other question - it was only when I was looking at the specs again, deciding between the SE and adding things (as I don't need all the things on the SEL), the seats on the SEL appear to also be sports seats, so therefore the same as the seats in the R Line?

I have only driven the SE, so the dealer is getting over the R Line for me to drive. I need to also do an incline to see how the engine picks up.

I will be adding the foldable mirrors. I do think it is great that VW let you add all sorts of options, some makes are limited to a few.
Space saver tyre

Tricky2

Post by Tricky2 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:04 pm

Ffiscool wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:55 pm
I need to also do an incline to see how the engine picks up.
I'm in Wales, the main way out of our valley to the M4 is up a steep winding hill, then down then up then down again! Pull up a steep hill on R-Line 115 ps DSG is excellent.
R-line 115 DSG in energetic orange with reversing camera and keyless

I have Tiguan 2015 177ps 4motion DSG

CrossyT

Post by CrossyT » Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:53 pm

My SEL is great on hills, lots of driving in Scotland and across the Yorkshire Dales. No problem.

The Rline is a lovely car and would have been my choice, but unfortunately it has a black roof interior, something I really dislike.

Ffiscool

Post by Ffiscool » Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:56 pm

Do you reckon they are the same seats? I can’t find an SEL to test drive, locally. I will try the RLine to see how much they differ from the SE, so that hopefully the SEL is one or the other it in between
Space saver tyre

Digitalracer

Post by Digitalracer » Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:04 am

I have the SEL, partly because of the sports seats and they are really comfortable and supportive... and have lumbar support. Plus you get led lights, brighter roof lining (as previously mentioned) and with the 113 engine discs all round. Really happy with my car. It's mainly short journeys and a 45 mile round trip once a week and now getting 44mpg after 1600 miles. Repeat really happy with it and even the stop/start has settled down and am used to it now, never had it before. My previous car was a Volvo S40 Sport, but more than happy with the T Cross.
SEL DSG Energetic orange, keyless entry, folding mirrors, auto headlights, chrome strip on boot, spacesaver, Park assist and 17" Clayton alloys. Ordered 25th July, expected delivery 30th September. Collection mid October.

CrossyT

Post by CrossyT » Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:25 am

I’d really recommend the SEL.
In some countries the panoramic roof is an option, I wish they’d offered it to the UK market.