Bought a T Cross

All Volkswagen T-Cross related discussions
Bean

Re: Hello, thinking of buying T Cross

Post by Bean » Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:32 pm

I came from 3 litre diesel q5 and was really worried about 1 litre but am totally happy with it. The dsg gearbox is super smooth and ride same as q5.

Ffiscool

Re: Hello, thinking of buying T Cross

Post by Ffiscool » Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:39 pm

Tx, good to know, my current car is 1.6 auto so I wondered.
T Cross SEL DSG - Limestone Grey
Space saver tyre

Ffiscool

Bought the T Cross

Post by Ffiscool » Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:00 pm

I have done it.. SEL in Limestone Grey, get it in 2 weeks

I decided that whilst a rear view camera is great, I didn't want to wait for it to be ordered, plus mine is due to be taxed, MOT and serviced in July. I drove the R Line, which was very nice. i will have to get used to sitting different but I know it will be comfy, as had my car (same last 3 cars) for years. Only remote thing I could say is that the wing mirrors are smaller than I have now, but it will be fine.
Space saver tyre

Digitalracer

Re: Bought a T Cross

Post by Digitalracer » Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:46 pm

Well done, you definitely will be happy with it. Colour will look good too. Standard SEL spec, or any extras. I've done without a camera OK, it's a perfect size car and very comfortable. Enjoy 👍
SEL DSG Energetic orange, keyless entry, folding mirrors, auto headlights, chrome strip on boot, spacesaver, Park assist and 17" Clayton alloys. Ordered 25th July, expected delivery 30th September. Collection mid October.

Ffiscool

Post by Ffiscool » Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:04 pm

Thank you. Loads new things to play with in the car, do love gadgets. I’m getting the space saver tyre
Space saver tyre

Ffiscool

Post by Ffiscool » Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:21 pm

Standard spec. I really didn’t need more. Couldn’t justify it and this has more than I had anyway on current car
Space saver tyre

Digitalracer

Post by Digitalracer » Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:05 pm

Yes, good choice re spacesaver, and SEL does give you plenty. Loving mine, and I did look at several other types but nothing came close 👌
SEL DSG Energetic orange, keyless entry, folding mirrors, auto headlights, chrome strip on boot, spacesaver, Park assist and 17" Clayton alloys. Ordered 25th July, expected delivery 30th September. Collection mid October.

Ffiscool

Post by Ffiscool » Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:24 pm

I never thought to ask if they had silver as I’d have gone with that too, shows less dirt. I think the silver on the grilles etc will show better against the limestone. They had one there and it was lovely in the sunlight
Space saver tyre

Ffiscool

Post by Ffiscool » Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:01 pm

I’m stupid, I assumed that I’d get the space saver for the price as if adding to factory order. As the car I’m getting is already at the docks, there’s no space saver with it, so it’s going to cost loads more to get one. I’ve never not had one that didn’t already come with the car. I’ll call VW parts on Monday in case a deal can be done
Space saver tyre

Ffiscool

Post by Ffiscool » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:29 pm

I obviously will be reading the manual but any top tips on whet to set up first on the menus. I’ve never had VW before. Loved my ix20, but no longer made plus I wanted a better spec”d car.
Space saver tyre